The Man Who Could've Been Batman

Started by BatmAngelus, Tue, 27 Oct 2009, 21:26

Previous topic - Next topic
I still dont see Defoe as Wayne but did any of us think Keaton would have been so good? even if your not a fan you have to admit he was better then anyone expected him to be.

Alec Baldwin would have been my choise in 1989 he had looks and has always been a tremendous actor.

More recently i would have picked Billy Zane in Batman Begins, even if he was pushing it age wise, he is one of those actors who can be dark then revert to humourous charm in an instant something Bale imo is just incapable of doing.

Dafoe for batman.  hmmm.   I don't kow.  Definetely would give batman more style.  You know what, I like it.  Can you imagine it?  That would be awesome.  I could also imagine him in a burton batman film but not in the style of keaton.   

Quote from: damiean dark on Sat, 14 Nov  2009, 18:06
I still dont see Defoe as Wayne but did any of us think Keaton would have been so good? even if your not a fan you have to admit he was better then anyone expected him to be.

Alec Baldwin would have been my choise in 1989 he had looks and has always been a tremendous actor.

More recently i would have picked Billy Zane in Batman Begins, even if he was pushing it age wise, he is one of those actors who can be dark then revert to humourous charm in an instant something Bale imo is just incapable of doing.

I agree with Damien.  Bruce Wayne is meant to be a pretty boy, so Alec Baldwin or even William Baldwin circa 1989 would have been the best alternative to Michael Keaton.  Zane would have been good too, although I've always thought him as being a good fit for a younger, more imposing Lex Luthor (with or without his wig).  Depp always strikes me as an out and out eccentric, which is why Burton probably likes him so much, rather than a classic Bruce Wayne type.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

^ William Baldwin was supposedly considered for the role for Batman Forever, according to this EW article:
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,302969,00.html
But now he's going to do the voice of Batman in the direct-to-DVD Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths.

Also-
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 11 Dec  2009, 13:23
Johnny Depp was apparently almost cast as Batman in Batman Forever. (!)

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/CookiepussProduction/news/?a=12646

Great find, The Dark Knight.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Just wanted to have a little fun with the idea of Dafoe as the Joker

That's an excellent manip Silenig, and I prefer Defoe as The Joker to Batman.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Mon, 14 Dec 2009, 19:52 #18 Last Edit: Mon, 14 Dec 2009, 19:54 by silenig
Thanks. The funny thing is that in the photo used for this, Dafoe looks like the Joker even without the re-touching, I think he wouldn't even need prosthetics, just white/red paint and a wig.

Willem would have been Da-FOE. Get it?

No....Really.

Do you get it?!