Batman Returns- Underated Classic or a Batman movie in name only

Started by Scarecrow756, Thu, 15 Oct 2009, 13:15

Previous topic - Next topic
Sat, 17 Oct 2009, 01:18 #30 Last Edit: Sat, 17 Oct 2009, 10:24 by The Dark Knight
I'm not going to list all of my favourite scenes, but upon reflection, the following is my absolute favourite Returns moment:

Iron maiden Batcave entry and sabotaging Oswald's speech - Now this sort of stuff is classic Batman. I love almost everything about it. The Vicki Vale conversation Bruce and Alfred have, the interior design of Wayne Manor, Bruce's clothing - love that jacket, and the way Bruce's behaviour changes once he enters the Batcave. Strictly business and the glasses come out. And the music in this scene is especially good.

Never noticed that but it seems that Bruce mostly only wears the glasses in the Batcave (the trip to Vicki's apartment aside).  It's like putting on the glasses is somehow connected with him slipping into Batman's psyche.

i feel my smartest when i'm four-eyed so yea i can see how that would work.

its funny how after max kills selina she doesn't need the glasses anymore. maybe if someone knocks me out of a building and i hit my head on a snow bank it'll fix my eyes.

or i could just listen to christmas vacation and get kicked by a mule.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sat, 17 Oct  2009, 05:09
Never noticed that but it seems that Bruce mostly only wears the glasses in the Batcave (the trip to Vicki's apartment aside).  It's like putting on the glasses is somehow connected with him slipping into Batman's psyche.
I agree. Wearing the glasses symbolises that he's more serious and focused I think. It's probably one of the only ways to show that without the batsuit on.