Favourite Death

Started by johnnygobbs, Fri, 2 Oct 2009, 19:55

Previous topic - Next topic

What was your favourite death scene in the Burton Batman films?

Lieutenant Eckhart - "Hey Eckhart!  Think about the future."
Carl Grissom - "Is that you sugar bumps?"
Rotelli - "Antoine got a little hot under the collar."
Riscorso - "Hello Vinny.  It's your Uncle Bingo.  Time to pay the check!"
Becky the newsreader - " 'Where can I get these fine new items?'  Well, that's the gag!  Chances are you bought 'em already!"
Thomas and Martha Wayne - "Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?"
Bob - "He stole my balloons!!  Bob!  Gun!" BANG!
The Joker - "ACK! ACK! ACK! ACK!"
The Ice Princess - "Rats with wings do your thing!"
The Fat Clown - "No, it's a lot!"
Max Shreck - "But in the meantime, how 'bout a kiss Anti-Claus?"
The Penguin - "But first I need a cool drink of ice water."
Quote from: Twisted_Soul on Mon, 19 Oct  2009, 08:38I didn't feel bad for the Penguin one bit. He was evil all along, why would he have killed that cat when he was a baby (assuming he did) if he wasn't evil?
You don't feel a little bit for someone who was rejected by his parents and dropped into the sewers and left to die?  Someone who's never known warm, genuine love and acceptance from anybody?

Harsh.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue, 20 Oct  2009, 17:13
You don't feel a little bit for someone who was rejected by his parents and dropped into the sewers and left to die?  Someone who's never known warm, genuine love and acceptance from anybody?

Harsh.
Indeed. The Penguin was a product of his environment.

if he was a real person yes i'd feel a little bit for him. he's a movie character so i don't. lol.

Quote from: Catwoman on Wed, 21 Oct  2009, 13:12
if he was a real person yes i'd feel a little bit for him. he's a movie character so i don't. lol.

True.  Within the context of a movie you can enjoy the luxury of really hating a character, whereas in real life anyone with a bit of humanity would investigate what made a certain person so mean to begin with.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

yup. like you guys all think i'm a type 1 grade a bitch but you don't know why.

Quote from: Catwoman on Wed, 21 Oct  2009, 15:44
yup. like you guys all think i'm a type 1 grade a bitch but you don't know why.
Oh, I know why!

Your daddy didn't buy that pony when you turned sweet sixteen, right?

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Mon, 19 Oct  2009, 19:26
I felt bad for The Penguin when he was an infant, even if he did kill the family cat, but as soon as he grew up and started plotting the murder of innocent children he lost my sympathy.

When a person, or in this case a fictional character, plays the sympathy card (and that's exactly what Oswald did in Returns) to further position himself (which turned out to be political thanks to Max) to do great harm to a good number of people, yeah ... the sympathy aspect pretty much goes straight out the window!

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Thu, 22 Oct  2009, 20:45
When a person, or in this case a fictional character, plays the sympathy card (and that's exactly what Oswald did in Returns) to further position himself (which turned out to be political thanks to Max) to do great harm to a good number of people, yeah ... the sympathy aspect pretty much goes straight out the window!
I'm not so sure. I can only speak for myself, but what other film can have a villain attempt to drown bubs up to their eye balls in raw sewage, and five minutes later have you feeling sorry for them?