Favourite Death

Started by johnnygobbs, Fri, 2 Oct 2009, 19:55

Previous topic - Next topic

What was your favourite death scene in the Burton Batman films?

Lieutenant Eckhart - "Hey Eckhart!  Think about the future."
Carl Grissom - "Is that you sugar bumps?"
Rotelli - "Antoine got a little hot under the collar."
Riscorso - "Hello Vinny.  It's your Uncle Bingo.  Time to pay the check!"
Becky the newsreader - " 'Where can I get these fine new items?'  Well, that's the gag!  Chances are you bought 'em already!"
Thomas and Martha Wayne - "Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?"
Bob - "He stole my balloons!!  Bob!  Gun!" BANG!
The Joker - "ACK! ACK! ACK! ACK!"
The Ice Princess - "Rats with wings do your thing!"
The Fat Clown - "No, it's a lot!"
Max Shreck - "But in the meantime, how 'bout a kiss Anti-Claus?"
The Penguin - "But first I need a cool drink of ice water."
Quote from: Catwoman on Fri,  9 Oct  2009, 01:47
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri,  9 Oct  2009, 00:21
I suppose we can turn off our mind and pretend he lived, though.

i do that sometimes and say the ice princess lived.

And how would that work exactly Catwoman?...LOL
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

"No.. it's a LOT!" Great scene, shows the morbious humor of The Penguin! ;D
Batman Arkham Asylum: The Batman game the fans were waiting for.

QuoteRotelli - "Antoine got a little hot under the collar."
Becky the newsreader - "'Where can I get these fine new items?'  Well, that's the gag! Chances are you bought 'em already!"
Max Shreck - "But in the meantime, how 'bout a kiss, Anti-Claus?"
Fixed.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Thu, 15 Oct  2009, 05:56
QuoteRotelli - "Antoine got a little hot under the collar."
Becky the newsreader - "'Where can I get these fine new items?'  Well, that's the gag! Chances are you bought 'em already!"
Max Shreck - "But in the meantime, how 'bout a kiss, Anti-Claus?"
Fixed.

Ok, thanks Colors.  I originally got most of those quotes from online.  I guess my sources were inaccurate in some instances.  I've corrected them now.

My favourite would have to be the Penguin`s death because its sad, tragic and beatifual all at the same time. And despite what vile things you just witnessed the Penguin do you still feel sorry for him in his last moments. In addition for me this scene is what eleveated Penguin to the status of tragic villain imo.

My second favourite would have to be the death of the Waynes. Its haunting and sad, the Elfman music during this moment is perfect to and the slow quality to it with the mist to just adds to the scene. This imo is the best depication of the Wayne`s death in any Batman movie yes even inculding Begins which was done in a flash.
"Tell me something my friend, you ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight"- The Joker- Batman 89

"I guess I`m tired of wearing masks"- Selina Kyle- Batman Returns

"But if you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, and if they can't stop you, then you become something else entirely...a legend Mr Wayne"- Henri Ducard- Batman Begins

"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villian, I can do those things cause I`m not a hero not like Dent"- Batman- The Dark Knight

Quote from: Scarecrow756 on Thu, 15 Oct  2009, 13:33
My favourite would have to be the Penguin`s death because its sad, tragic and beatifual all at the same time. And despite what vile things you just witnessed the Penguin do you still feel sorry for him in his last moments. In addition for me this scene is what eleveated Penguin to the status of tragic villain imo.

ummmmmmm nope

Quote from: Scarecrow756 on Thu, 15 Oct  2009, 13:33

My second favourite would have to be the death of the Waynes. Its haunting and sad, the Elfman music during this moment is perfect to and the slow quality to it with the mist to just adds to the scene. This imo is the best depication of the Wayne`s death in any Batman movie yes even inculding Begins which was done in a flash.
I didn't feel bad for the Penguin one bit. He was evil all along, why would he have killed that cat when he was a baby (assuming he did) if he wasn't evil?
Sam Kinison is my God.

Quote from: Twisted_Soul on Mon, 19 Oct  2009, 08:38
I didn't feel bad for the Penguin one bit. He was evil all along, why would he have killed that cat when he was a baby (assuming he did) if he wasn't evil?
I feel a lot more sorry for The Penguin in comparison to The Joker, though.

yea the penguin was a genuine freak and the joker had to fall in some chemicals to get his freaky on. :P

I felt bad for The Penguin when he was an infant, even if he did kill the family cat, but as soon as he grew up and started plotting the murder of innocent children he lost my sympathy.

What I liked about The Joker was that he was pretty undiscerning.  He killed anyone and everyone without prejudice.  It wasn't personal for him, whereas The Penguin genuinely seemed to have an axe to grind and behaved like a pent-up bundle of rage and malice.