Favourite Death

Started by johnnygobbs, Fri, 2 Oct 2009, 19:55

Previous topic - Next topic

What was your favourite death scene in the Burton Batman films?

Lieutenant Eckhart - "Hey Eckhart!  Think about the future."
Carl Grissom - "Is that you sugar bumps?"
Rotelli - "Antoine got a little hot under the collar."
Riscorso - "Hello Vinny.  It's your Uncle Bingo.  Time to pay the check!"
Becky the newsreader - " 'Where can I get these fine new items?'  Well, that's the gag!  Chances are you bought 'em already!"
Thomas and Martha Wayne - "Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?"
Bob - "He stole my balloons!!  Bob!  Gun!" BANG!
The Joker - "ACK! ACK! ACK! ACK!"
The Ice Princess - "Rats with wings do your thing!"
The Fat Clown - "No, it's a lot!"
Max Shreck - "But in the meantime, how 'bout a kiss Anti-Claus?"
The Penguin - "But first I need a cool drink of ice water."
and he says RATS with wings.

Its the newsreader/smylex infomercial thats just classic insane joker.

Definately, Thomas and Martha Wayne.

The whole scene in Batman 1989 involving their murders is quite excellent, and very haunting. The slightly slow motion aspect to it, everything. It just all worked brilliantly.

The Batman Begins version is ok, but I much favor Burton's direction on this.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Sat,  3 Oct  2009, 12:30
Definately, Thomas and Martha Wayne.

The whole scene in Batman 1989 involving their murders is quite excellent, and very haunting. The slightly slow motion aspect to it, everything. It just all worked brilliantly.

The Batman Begins version is ok, but I much favor Burton's direction on this.

Didnt notice this in the poll. If I had of I would have voted for that! Great scene and agreed much better than BB.

I picked the Joker's death for pretty much all the reasons others have mentioned.  The terrorizing situation it had to have been for him and also what had to have been excruciating pain from his muscles literally being shredded by the weight of that gargoyle hanging from his leg.  I like the whole "devil dragging him back down to hell" angle also. 

Loved the Joker's death as well, although alot of the other deaths are very memorable. I remember writing months ago about "the devil dragging him back to hell", I wonder if I was the first to say that.  ::)

...if so, I'm proud of it.  ;D ;D ;D

Cheers!

You are a vicious bastard, Rotelli, and uh...I'm glad you're dead. HEHEHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thu, 8 Oct 2009, 01:41 #17 Last Edit: Thu, 8 Oct 2009, 01:43 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: James on Wed,  7 Oct  2009, 23:37
You are a vicious bastard, Rotelli, and uh...I'm glad you're dead. HEHEHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
That laugh is hilarious. Best Joker laugh ever, I think. I also like how he keeps saying "I'm glad you're dead" as if it's the funniest thing he's ever heard, and can't believe he conjured it himself.

finally voted for the ice princess since it became clear dumbass wasn't going to put up selina's 8.

Quote from: Catwoman on Thu,  8 Oct  2009, 04:08
finally voted for the ice princess since it became clear dumbass wasn't going to put up selina's 8.

Selina didn't die...duh!
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.