Favourite Death

Started by johnnygobbs, Fri, 2 Oct 2009, 19:55

Previous topic - Next topic

What was your favourite death scene in the Burton Batman films?

Lieutenant Eckhart - "Hey Eckhart!  Think about the future."
Carl Grissom - "Is that you sugar bumps?"
Rotelli - "Antoine got a little hot under the collar."
Riscorso - "Hello Vinny.  It's your Uncle Bingo.  Time to pay the check!"
Becky the newsreader - " 'Where can I get these fine new items?'  Well, that's the gag!  Chances are you bought 'em already!"
Thomas and Martha Wayne - "Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?"
Bob - "He stole my balloons!!  Bob!  Gun!" BANG!
The Joker - "ACK! ACK! ACK! ACK!"
The Ice Princess - "Rats with wings do your thing!"
The Fat Clown - "No, it's a lot!"
Max Shreck - "But in the meantime, how 'bout a kiss Anti-Claus?"
The Penguin - "But first I need a cool drink of ice water."
I thought the site could do with some more threads so how about another poll?  This one is a bit morbid though.

What's your favourite death scene in the first two Batman films?  I haven't included any minor characters with no names (like some of the goons), or any characters whose death occurs off-screen (like Alicia Hunt or the late, lamented Fred Atkins  ;D).  I've also decided to avoid too much controversy by ruling out the inclusion of The Strong Man, since some say Batman kills, some say he doesn't, and it's debateable whether The Strong Man had a real bomb or a confetti bomb as some people have claimed (oh dear, I may have already broken the rule on not being controversial).

In any case, unless I'm persuaded otherwise those are the options.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Jokers death is my favorite, the entire sequence is great, the music is perfect, and the shot of his dead corpse is creepy.
Sam Kinison is my God.

I picked the fat clown because I always viewed him as an allegory for Burton's future critics.

"You know, some people are going to say that this film is too dark, what with the whole kidnapping sleeping kids thing."

"Yea, you're right. Let's put that in the script!"

Voted for "No....it's a LOT!"

Penguin's spitting black bile about drowning children up to their eyeballs in raw sewage. Someone doesn't share his enthusiasm, and they pay for it with their life.

Morbid humour and pitch black subject matter. Great scene.

shoulda put selina's 8 deaths as options. since they aren't its a toss up between penguin cause i hated him, ice princess cause i've role-played it a few times and its sort of fun, or max for obvious reasons.

Sat, 3 Oct 2009, 03:52 #5 Last Edit: Sat, 3 Oct 2009, 03:55 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: Catwoman on Sat,  3 Oct  2009, 03:36
shoulda put selina's 8 deaths as options. since they aren't its a toss up between penguin cause i hated him, ice princess cause i've role-played it a few times and its sort of fun, or max for obvious reasons.
So who will you vote for?  :)

I was considering voting for Riscorso's death simply 'cos I like how the Joker appears from out of nowhere to the complete astonishment of the crowd of journalists surrounding Riscorso and delivers that great line "Say hello to your Uncle Bingo, Vinnie.  It's time to sign the check" (I don't know what it means but it sure sounds cool, and made me laugh), before he thrusts a pen straight into Riscorso's carotid artery.  "The pen is truly mightier than the sword."  It's also the scene where The Joker makes his public debut.

However, in the end I voted for Grissom's death, simply for the brilliant confrontation between the two legendary Jacks, and Grissom's utterly desparate attempt to "cut a deal".  Yeah, right...as if that was going to happen.

In any case, I can't help but be seduced by the flair with which Jack's 'Joker' despatches his enemies.  It's so much fun even though it shouldn't be..    ;D

Also, I forgot to ask.  How do you role-play the Ice Princess' death?  Do you jump off the top of your roof and plunge straight on top of a set of tree lights?

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Sat,  3 Oct  2009, 04:08

Also, I forgot to ask.  How do you role-play the Ice Princess' death?  Do you jump off the top of your roof and plunge straight on top of a set of tree lights?

no i stand on the rail of our back porch and fall like five feet onto the ground. lights are a good idea.