Favourite Death

Started by johnnygobbs, Fri, 2 Oct 2009, 19:55

Previous topic - Next topic

What was your favourite death scene in the Burton Batman films?

Lieutenant Eckhart - "Hey Eckhart!  Think about the future."
Carl Grissom - "Is that you sugar bumps?"
Rotelli - "Antoine got a little hot under the collar."
Riscorso - "Hello Vinny.  It's your Uncle Bingo.  Time to pay the check!"
Becky the newsreader - " 'Where can I get these fine new items?'  Well, that's the gag!  Chances are you bought 'em already!"
Thomas and Martha Wayne - "Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?"
Bob - "He stole my balloons!!  Bob!  Gun!" BANG!
The Joker - "ACK! ACK! ACK! ACK!"
The Ice Princess - "Rats with wings do your thing!"
The Fat Clown - "No, it's a lot!"
Max Shreck - "But in the meantime, how 'bout a kiss Anti-Claus?"
The Penguin - "But first I need a cool drink of ice water."
I think the uncle bingo is the most memorable in the movie, as far as a death is concerned (maybe not as gruesome but definetely memorable). 

It had imagination, was simple, and was done in broad daylight for the whole world to see how messed up the joker was. 

"The pen is truly mightier than the sword."

Quote from: burtongenius on Sat,  2 Jan  2010, 21:32
I think the uncle bingo is the most memorable in the movie, as far as a death is concerned (maybe not as gruesome but definetely memorable). 

Nice to see someone else appreciated that scene.  I picked Grissom's death but I really liked the 'uncle bingo' sequence too.  A wonderful demonstration of The Joker's theatricality and a great line.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

(Uncle Bingo) What is also great is Elfman's music for this scene.

Plus it was the opening act for the joker and gotham was its theatre.  This was gothams first view of the joker.

Plus, you got to love the miming.  I mean, thats just awesome.

the part i like about that scene is when bruce gets up by the joker's car while all the shooting is going on and the joker does that little gay wave, lol.

Yeah, the joker doesn't even know who he's really waving at.  Plus the makeup was unique too.

Poor Vinnie.  He didn't really get much time to come round to The Joker's point of view.

Even the Joker was shocked at how vicious Rottelli could be with knee jerk decisions.  ;D

I also particularly loved how annoyed Keaton looked with the Mime before the 'Uncle Bingo' assassination.  ;)

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Mon,  4 Jan  2010, 14:18
I also particularly loved how annoyed Keaton looked with the Mime before the 'Uncle Bingo' assassination.  ;)

Yes, I love the little look of irritation on Keaton's face.  Don't we all feel the same way about mimes?   ;D

Keaton gave a glare that left the mime speechless. Oh, wait...