The 'Joker'

Started by Joker81, Sat, 19 Sep 2009, 23:00

Previous topic - Next topic
Great article and great history there concerning the origins and history of the greatest comic book villain of all time. I especially liked the quote from Ledger he included, because I heard it soon after he did that interview and alot of Nicholson vs. Ledger folks out there should listen and learn.

Ledger knew this Joker will be different and not the same as Nicholson's and he did a great job at it. Cheers to Ledger, Big Cheers to Nicholson and everlasting cheers to The Joker.

Wow, one of best Joker articles I've ever seen... thanks man!
Batman Arkham Asylum: The Batman game the fans were waiting for.

Tue, 22 Sep 2009, 09:27 #12 Last Edit: Tue, 22 Sep 2009, 09:29 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: Grissom on Mon, 21 Sep  2009, 17:24
Ledger knew this Joker will be different and not the same as Nicholson's and he did a great job at it. Cheers to Ledger, Big Cheers to Nicholson and everlasting cheers to The Joker.
Well said. Ledger was very respectful to Nicholson's portrayal. Die hard supporters of Ledger's Joker should remember that. The real star is the character, not the actor portraying him. Both actors brought out different facets of the character. Each actor played his style perfectly - hence why neither can be said to be better. Simple as that.

Summed it up nicely, Dark Knight.  ;)

Oh wow, as Im browsing the forum for some interesting topics I found this. I actually wrote that and just rewrote it/"remastered" it (corrected the english a little and inserted quotes)and put in my blog

As for the perma smile being caused by the wound, I always got that impression. The bullet went through both of his cheeks and then there are no marks on those cheeks later on, post-surgery. The doc talks about nerves being severed after Jack reacts to his face. To me all that says the smile was a result of the stiffed nerves that were caused by the surgery of those wounds