The 'Joker'

Started by Joker81, Sat, 19 Sep 2009, 23:00

Previous topic - Next topic
Check out this great article. Brilliant read!!!

www.retrojunk.com/details_articles/4508/

Thanks for the link, great article

Some very familiar comic-to-film comparison pictures in the 1989 film section of that article....  ;)
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

It is great, and I agree with most of what the article says.

good article - me likey

Very good article on the best comic book villain. I enjoyed reading it.

What a great article this is on THE best comic book villain of all time.  :)

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Mon, 21 Sep 2009, 06:50 #7 Last Edit: Mon, 21 Sep 2009, 06:59 by phantom stranger
"...in the movie caused by a failed plastic surgery trying to repair a shot wound."

Wait, what?

I never viewed the smile as being caused by a failed plastic surgery. The way I saw it, it was pretty much the chemicals. The surgery just tried to make the best of the situation.

Mon, 21 Sep 2009, 07:04 #8 Last Edit: Mon, 21 Sep 2009, 09:01 by The Dark Knight
I agree. Probably a combination of both. I'm thinking the chemicals played a larger role, though.

Quote from: phantom stranger on Mon, 21 Sep  2009, 06:50
"...in the movie caused by a failed plastic surgery trying to repair a shot wound."

Wait, what?

I never viewed the smile as being caused by a failed plastic surgery. The way I saw it, it was pretty much the chemicals. The surgery just tried to make the best of the situation.

I agree. I don't believe the surgery was THE cause of the perma-smile, but with the shoddy work the surgeon himself pretty much admitted to ("look at what I have work with here" or something along those lines), it may have very well highlighted what was already there. Though I suppose anything would be an improvement over what he was looking like directly before the fateful dive at Axis Chemicals.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."