Burton Trilogy

Started by DarkHeart, Fri, 18 Sep 2009, 02:35

Previous topic - Next topic
i love batman returns but it will always bother me how it's all filmed inside a refrigerated burbank studio - is there one scene filmed outdoors? - i think maybe just that one overhead shot of selena's car

would've been great to have the 1st 3 all at pinewood with burton and keaton

i could see carrey opposite keaton working - can't see billy dee working as 2 face though for some reason

Quote from: WingedFreak71 on Tue, 22 Sep  2009, 03:23
i love batman returns but it will always bother me how it's all filmed inside a refrigerated burbank studio - is there one scene filmed outdoors? - i think maybe just that one overhead shot of selena's car

would've been great to have the 1st 3 all at pinewood with burton and keaton

i could see carrey opposite keaton working - can't see billy dee working as 2 face though for some reason

Is it because he is an afro american?
Fasten your setbelts securely. Any unfastened belt will cause the mission to be aborted.
Batcave security prohibits photography of any type, Thankyou for your attention.

Tue, 22 Sep 2009, 09:13 #12 Last Edit: Tue, 22 Sep 2009, 09:34 by The Dark Knight
If Burton returned for the third film, we would have had a trilogy. A very interesting trilogy in that it retained a loose continuity in different environments with different atmospheres.

Sure, this was the case with Forever as well, but it isn't the true finale for that set of films. Burton was the man to finish off his own series. If he was around, things would have been done very differently. Anything after them is un-connected and not canon, even if they do reference them. The Burton films stand alone by themselves.

Is it true that before WB asked Burton to leave the franchise, they proposed to him that he could make the third film only on the condition that he just make the movie and not have full control like he did on Returns?

I am not sure if WB offered Burton to do the third on their terms. But what I do know which is on the Returns SE DVD is that Burton was very enthusiastic about doing a third and WB suggested he stepped down. In which he did.

Don't know about you guys but I'm still holding out hope that Burton will one day, return to Batman.

ARE YOU HEARING ME WB?!!  >:(

Tue, 22 Sep 2009, 20:35 #16 Last Edit: Tue, 22 Sep 2009, 20:41 by batass4880
One thing I never understood is why Burton was given a producer credit for Forever when he obviously had nothing to do with it. Same thing with Peters & Guber for Returns.

Maybe it's all in the contracts.

Quote from: batass4880 on Tue, 22 Sep  2009, 20:35
Same thing with Peters & Guber for Returns.

Apparently they were on set.

I hate how Burton's name is attached to Forever. He had nothing to do with it. All it does is tarnish his name.