I'll be on the radio tonight...

Started by PJ, Tue, 15 Sep 2009, 18:55

Previous topic - Next topic
At least the guy gives credit to Elfman for the "fantastic soundtrack".

Quote from: silenig on Wed, 16 Sep  2009, 10:34
At least the guy gives credit to Elfman for the "fantastic soundtrack".
Yeah, well, that's the very least he can say. That score is the definitive sound for the character. That aspect of the film cannot be denied. And if it is, the person is just delusional and lacks taste.

Wed, 16 Sep 2009, 14:23 #22 Last Edit: Wed, 16 Sep 2009, 14:26 by damiean dark
Paul Wares?

To hell with thier critisism B89 is a great film it is dated but so is the Adventures of Robin Hood and i can watch that movie all day.

And some people get the impression we watch it all day everyday but for me its a thing i sometimes fall into, that is, the movie comes on terrestrial and satterlite channels all the time and if i happen to come across it i will watch it its that kind of movie.

Quote from: damiean dark on Wed, 16 Sep  2009, 14:23
B89 is a great film it is dated but so is the Adventures of Robin Hood and i can watch that movie all day.
The film is obviously dated in some aspects, but it still retains that timeless quality. The world of the film fits into any era.

Batman does indeed have that timeless quality and I don't say that about alot of films. B89 is an absolutely fantastic film with superb performances and an engrossing story. There will always be people who criticize it but there are many more who praise it. Alot of it comes down to the comparison with the Nolan films, almost everytime I read a somewhat negative review of Batman (there weren't many, but when I do), 98% of the time the reviewer refers to BB and TDK.

Batman '89 stands on its own, as a cinematic classic that have stood the test of time and always will.

And hey PJ, no matter who you meet that has a negative reaction to this film there are many, many others (not only on this board  ;D) who love it. Thanks for representing Batman '89 fans!

CHEERS TO YOU!!!!!  :D :D :D

Yep, good work PJ.  Thanks for representing us fans of Batman '89.  Perhaps people will eventually accept that there is a large number of us who really rate these movies.

Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

just listened to it - great stuff PJ. i so disagree with their comment on lighting.

Did they say if it was too dark?

they said the lighting, when put up against movies like Hellboy 2, made it look dated.

probably the stupidest thing to say.

Quote from: ral on Thu, 17 Sep  2009, 14:28
they said the lighting, when put up against movies like Hellboy 2, made it look dated.

probably the stupidest thing to say.
Agreed. The lighting in Batman (1989) is fine. It's one of the best aspects of the film, if you ask me.