I'll be on the radio tonight...

Started by PJ, Tue, 15 Sep 2009, 18:55

Previous topic - Next topic
Sorry , just listening to it. Lol them guys are a joke, no pun intended, did you hear what their favourite films are! One said Batman was dated - his favourite film came out in the 60's!

They said about the lighting? They obviously know nothing about film, as Batman is supposed to be dark! Idiots.

Star Wars is well dated..

To be fair, I am a massive fan of The Big Lebowski, and I rate The Apartment highly too.  Still, I don't get Bacon's point about not wanting to watch his favourite film more than once because he could be watching something else instead.  If something is your favourite film, why is watching that a waste of time?

Still, the guy who picked Snatch!   ::)  I could barely watch that once.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Well I would like to press him on why he believes Batman is dated????

Looking at most films from 1989 I think it has stood the test of time very well, but then again I am biast lol

Quote from: Joker81 on Tue, 15 Sep  2009, 22:41
Well I would like to press him on why he believes Batman is dated????

Looking at most films from 1989 I think it has stood the test of time very well, but then again I am biast lol

They're talking about comedies because they are quotable, but what a lot of non-fans of Batman fail to take into account is that despite being an 'action film' the first Batman is massively quotable, as much as many great comedies.

Heresy!  They are now suggesting that Begins is better than Batman '89.

Still at least they rate Kim Basinger!   :)

To be honest I know that Batman is not everyones cup of tea. But ever since TDK everyone and their granny has became a Batman and Joker fan. Everyone has became an expert and has an opinion.

I prided myself for years that I was a Batman fan, a guilty pleasure of mine (as are the Jaws sequels). I didnt have to explain myself to no one - and still dont.

But bottom line is these bozo's are not film fans. They wouldnt understand film. They're the type of guys that quote The Godfather II as the best film every made, not knowing why, and quote 'I'm gonna make him an offer he cant refuse' which was said by Marlon Brando in the first film not realising it was not said in the second film and Brando isnt even in the sequel! It's about going with the crowd.

And I dispute TDK being a better film. We'll see how dated that one is in 20 years from now. Anyway rant over lol

Quote from: Joker81 on Tue, 15 Sep  2009, 22:56
To be honest I know that Batman is not everyones cup of tea. But ever since TDK everyone and their granny has became a Batman and Joker fan. Everyone has became an expert and has an opinion.

I prided myself for years that I was a Batman fan, a guilty pleasure of mine (as are the Jaws sequels). I didnt have to explain myself to no one - and still dont.

But bottom line is these bozo's are not film fans. They wouldnt understand film. They're the type of guys that quote The Godfather II as the best film every made, not knowing why, and quote 'I'm gonna make him an offer he cant refuse' which was said by Marlon Brando in the first film not realising it was not said in the second film and Brando isnt even in the sequel! It's about going with the crowd.

And I dispute TDK being a better film. We'll see how dated that one is in 20 years from now. Anyway rant over lol

It may have been a rant but I couldn't have put it better myself.  I love TDK as well, but we'll see how it holds up in 20 years time...it will be impressive if it's still anywhere near as watchable as Burton's Batman films are today.

Also, good call on The Godfather films.  Sure, they're good films, but it always amazes me how many people rate thiem as their favourite films of all time.  They're not that good.  Besides, I personally rate Goodfelles as a better gangster film than either Godfather.

i just missed this.  i will check out the repeat.

Quote from: ral on Tue, 15 Sep  2009, 23:34
i just missed this.  i will check out the repeat.
Ditto. From what the members are saying on this thread, the radio show just didn't get it.

You should have consulted with me.