The vhs/dvd covers of Batman Returns

Started by THE BAT-MAN, Sat, 5 Sep 2009, 08:02

Previous topic - Next topic
Love all the 3, but I'd go with the first one. Simple iconic. ;D
Batman Arkham Asylum: The Batman game the fans were waiting for.

I think they are all good. The snowy bat emblem is solid and simple, and compliments the B89 poster.

Though for me, it simply has to be the second poster- the bat, the cat and the penguin faces lurking in the darkness. That oozes atmosphere. I remember seeing that VHS cover in video stores as a child and being mesmerised and absorbed by it. To me, that poster IS what Batman Returns is all about.

The totemic imagery in the second poster's always appealed to me. I just wish the SE DVD cover had kept the original font and not added in some obnoxious fog effect.

Agreed, the "faces" poster is iconic, I have a cinema display with the large dimension about 150 cm tall (too bad it reads "Batman Il Ritorno"

I love both this and the snowstorm logo.

Sun, 6 Sep 2009, 20:33 #14 Last Edit: Wed, 16 Feb 2011, 00:08 by THE BAT-MAN
I too, love all three posters.  The art on each of them is very nostalgic.  I don't know why? but, for some strange reason, the poster art of The Bat, The Cat, and The Penguin has always had mezmorizing effect on me.  I actually have a poster of it set up in my room.

So was the snowy batemblem just created for the trailer? Or was it originally placed at the start of the movie like in '89?

I smell a new thread... ;D

Quote from: phantom stranger on Sat, 12 Sep  2009, 05:53
So was the snowy batemblem just created for the trailer? Or was it originally placed at the start of the movie like in '89?

I smell a new thread... ;D
Are you implying there was a deleted scene or something? Or have you not seen Batman Returns?  :-\ I'm confused.
Sam Kinison is my God.

Sat, 12 Sep 2009, 18:46 #18 Last Edit: Sun, 13 Sep 2009, 00:42 by phantom stranger
Not implying there was a deleted scene. Just always wondered if it was supposed to be at the start of the movie in some form. Most of the recent Batman films opened up with a version of the emblem.

Quote from: phantom stranger on Sat, 12 Sep  2009, 18:46
Not implying there was a deleted scene. Just always wondered if it was supposed to be at the start of the movie? in some form. Most of the recent Batman films opened up with a version of the emblem.
Ahhh, gotcha! 8)
Sam Kinison is my God.