the jokers death

Started by cementman, Mon, 31 Aug 2009, 03:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Thu, 3 Sep 2009, 20:07 #30 Last Edit: Fri, 4 Sep 2009, 15:59 by thecolorsblend
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu,  3 Sep  2009, 15:32I think the guy probably died of shock half way down.
They say that happens in a long plunge.  The victim goes into cardiac arrest and is probably unconscious by the time he lands.  That's what "the experts" say.

And I'm willing to take their word for it, myself...

Quote from: Twisted_Soul on Thu,  3 Sep  2009, 18:07
I'd think he was thinking about activating the "Bag of Laughs" in his pocket, as his last laugh.
Eh. I can't see an absolutely frightened man plummeting to his death calmly activating a bag of laughs.  I think that was activated itself due to the impact.

Maybe the 'Bag of Laughs' was set by a timer.

Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Fri,  4 Sep  2009, 01:11
I don't buy that either. Just like I don't buy the fake blood/green blood argument.

He would've had to activate it before he started the ladder climb, and doing so then would've been pointless. He had no idea he'd be falling to the bottom to his death. He was focused on boarding the helicopter and getting out of there.

The bag of laughs was just an effective and haunting prop, with his toys laughing on after death for him. I don't think it needs an explanation.

Maybe this "bag o' laughs" is one of those things that don't need an explanation of this kind. It simply was a nice touch and made the Joker's end haunting.

I kinda liked The Joker's death.... but the animation was cheesey ::) and man, it's The Joker... he can't die!!
But the scene has a tense and iconic atmosphere.
Batman Arkham Asylum: The Batman game the fans were waiting for.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri,  4 Sep  2009, 07:26
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Fri,  4 Sep  2009, 01:11
I don't buy that either. Just like I don't buy the fake blood/green blood argument.

He would've had to activate it before he started the ladder climb, and doing so then would've been pointless. He had no idea he'd be falling to the bottom to his death. He was focused on boarding the helicopter and getting out of there.

The bag of laughs was just an effective and haunting prop, with his toys laughing on after death for him. I don't think it needs an explanation.
You're right, I agree.
Sam Kinison is my God.

if people die on the way down during a plunge then how does bungee jumping exists?

joker was alert, activating his laugh thing, and pondering which goon to promote now that bob was out of the picture

Quote from: WingedFreak71 on Sat,  5 Sep  2009, 08:01
if people die on the way down during a plunge then how does bungee jumping exists?
Are you for real?

Bungee jumpers know that they're not going to die, due to being harnessed. When you're falling from a cathedral with a gargoyle tied to your leg, things are way different. You'd be in deep shock in that scenario.