the jokers death

Started by cementman, Mon, 31 Aug 2009, 03:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Thanks for that video game screen capture, never seen it before.

I love the music that plays during Joker's death. Especially when he's slipping down the ladder and about to let go. Elfman builds this great sense of tension, dread and finality. When he falls, the weight lifts and it's just pure relief. Incredible.

I loved his death, it was as if he was being pulled back to hell where he came from instead of just simply falling. Brilliant old school filmmaking.

Quote from: silenig on Tue,  1 Sep  2009, 14:37
I just love the way this scene looks.

Here is the joker's death in the video game.

That's from the Sega Genesis version right? I got to pick that up! It looks sweet.
Sam Kinison is my God.

i agree, great music and built up tension. it is like hes falling back to hell where he came from. awesome scene  :)

I wonder what was going through Joker's mind during that fall?

i don't think that's a sega image - which game is that?

what i love about the joker's fall is how he slips from one rung on the ladder to the one below it - great shot of his hand going from one to the next

Wed, 2 Sep 2009, 03:57 #16 Last Edit: Wed, 2 Sep 2009, 04:04 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: WingedFreak71 on Wed,  2 Sep  2009, 02:48
what i love about the joker's fall is how he slips from one rung on the ladder to the one below it - great shot of his hand going from one to the next
Yes. It makes it much more tense and unavoidable. After he slips down one ladder bar, we know for certain he is going to fall any moment. Wonderfully drawn out, and we get to see Joker squirm. In my opinion, falling from that cathedral like Joker would be the worst way to die. It's seriously messed up. No way of escaping at all.

Wed, 2 Sep 2009, 04:18 #17 Last Edit: Wed, 2 Sep 2009, 04:27 by Twisted_Soul
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed,  2 Sep  2009, 03:57
Quote from: WingedFreak71 on Wed,  2 Sep  2009, 02:48
Yes. It makes it much more tense and unavoidable. After he slips down one ladder bar, we know for certain he is going to fall any moment. Wonderfully drawn out, and we get to see Joker squirm. In my opinion, falling from that cathedral like Joker would be the worst way to die. It's seriously messed up. No way of escaping at all.
Agreed. I always get that nervous feeling when I see his hands slip to the last rung. That would suck!

Also: I checked and that screencap from the video game is the Genesis version. Here's a youtube video of it in motion (after the 3:39 mark) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7yilUQKiGE&feature=related
Sam Kinison is my God.

Yeah, this video game by Sunsoft was nicely done and very fun to play. One of the good early Sega titles.

heh! Speaking of video games.. I recently played through the old 1989 BATMAN arcade game and beat it. I took some screen caps but im not sure if i stored them when my drive failed.  :-\ If I find them, I'll give a full review. It was corny but really fun at the same time. 

BTW, I LOVE that strange animated JoKER death. I always thought it looked the way it did on purpose, stylistically and I definitely appreciated it.  :)
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you like eating in here?"   ...Oh yeah. .. ....   ... ... ...You know to tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever been in this room before.   
"hahaeheheh"  You want to get out of here?  "YES."