Need some quick advice

Started by Grissom, Sat, 22 Aug 2009, 19:41

Previous topic - Next topic
I'll be watching Batman Returns tonight for the first time in quite a while. I got the two-disc  SE some months ago and I'm gonna break it in tonight. Quick question which one of the behind the scenes info I should look at first? I don't usually watch all the behind the scenes stuff all at one but which one will give me the best overall info before I watch the film.

The Bat The Cat and The Penguin is pretty good, but for historical context then the 'Shadows Of The Bat' series is good.

I'm with ral. Though I would watch them all.

Watched it late last night and it was great as usual. Still ranks as one of the best superhero films out there. I did see the cat, the bat and the penguin special before I watched the movie and also the cinematic saga and the set design and visual effects specials after the film. It's amazing how much work went into the first two batfilms, excellent old school filmmaking and still to date some of the best.

Quote from: ral on Sat, 22 Aug  2009, 20:05
The Bat The Cat and The Penguin is pretty good, but for historical context then the 'Shadows Of The Bat' series is good.
Agreed, The Bat, The Cat and The Penguin is kinda dated when you watch it now, though very enjoyable.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

I remember I taped that doc off tv when it coame on in 1991. I was so happy to see it appear on the Batman Returns SE DVD! Its great.

It's fun to see these old extended commercials, or as they called them, "Making of". Stuff like "Shadows of the Bat" is the real deal, of course.