Joker's Balloons

Started by The Dark Knight, Mon, 22 Jun 2009, 03:22

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: gordonblu on Mon, 22 Jun  2009, 16:15
After the balloons went straight up, they got hooked to an antenna of a passing spaceship which went into warp and opened a wormhole to the past at which point the balloons ripped free, bot stuck in the gravitational pull of a red sun. The smylex introduced an unstable element to the sun causing it to implode, the resulting shockwave destroyed the nearby planet of Krypton and Batman is responsible for the death of Superman's home planet! Who is the most powerful in DC history now?

haha! great theory.

Quote from: Batmoney on Mon, 22 Jun  2009, 19:34
The big crying baby balloon, that was a great balloon! I would be pretty peeved if someone stole a balloon like that from me, despite what its contents may have been.

I remember as a kid thinking that was Baby Herman from WFRR ;D

Quote from: gordonblu on Mon, 22 Jun  2009, 16:15
After the balloons went straight up, they got hooked to an antenna of a passing spaceship which went into warp and opened a wormhole to the past at which point the balloons ripped free, bot stuck in the gravitational pull of a red sun. The smylex introduced an unstable element to the sun causing it to implode, the resulting shockwave destroyed the nearby planet of Krypton and Batman is responsible for the death of Superman's home planet! Who is the most powerful in DC history now?

HAHA That cracked me up!

The big crying baby balloon, that was a great balloon! I would be pretty peeved if someone stole a balloon like that from me, despite what its contents may have been.
That balloon was hilarious.

Quote from: batass4880 on Mon, 22 Jun  2009, 22:25

Obviously, someone took away his cigar! lol

Tue, 23 Jun 2009, 04:06 #25 Last Edit: Tue, 23 Jun 2009, 04:09 by batass4880
Quote from: Darrell Kaiser on Tue, 23 Jun  2009, 03:29
Quote from: batass4880 on Mon, 22 Jun  2009, 22:25

Obviously, someone took away his cigar! lol

"my stogie!!! WAAAAAHHHHH!!!! ;D

I recall the novelisation said the police had their coffee spiked, Joker's men stole the balloons from a warehouse of some sort - because the parade had been cancelled, and they went from there.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon, 22 Jun  2009, 03:22
A few discussion questions for members regarding the Joker balloons.

What did you think of them?

I LOVED them! Nice way to attract alot of attention from the money hungry, little people of Gotham.  ;D

QuoteHow long do you calculate it would take to fill them with Smilex?

No clue.

QuoteAfter Batman let them go with the Batwing, where do you think they finally ended up?

I figured they eventually floated out into the DCU Multiverse, and I've been expecting to see them re-appear in the Nolan Batman films, like a Earth-1/Earth-2 type of sceneario, but so far ... it hasn't happened!  >:(

QuoteHave a favorite one? - post a screencap of it if you wish.  

The Clown balloon would have to be the favourite of the bunch.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."