The "almost" cast 89 Joker actors

Started by Reevz666, Mon, 29 Oct 2007, 21:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Which "almost" cast actor would have been a great second choice for the 89 Joker

Tim Curry
Donald Sutherland
Robin Williams
James Woods
John Lithgow
Honestly, I think John Lithgow would have been amazing as The Joker.  Before I even saw this list I had him in mind as a possible alternative Joker to Jack.
Nicholson was brilliant, and I don't think anyone could be as memorable or as funny as him in the role (even Heath Ledger).  His delivery of much of the film's dialogue makes Batman '89 one of the most quotable films in cinema history as far as I'm concerned.
However, I do think that Lithgow would have given us a Joker closer to that of the animated series, i.e. sinister, vicious and scary.  Lithgow is tall, lanky and has just the right supercillious, mocking tone to his voice.
I also think that Tim Currey would have made an effective Joker, especially in view of his roles in 'It' and 'Legend'
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

My vote went to Tim Curry. Though of course, I too love Jack's Joker.. But yeah, Tim would probably make a freaky Joker. Combine "It" and Darkness from Legend, ... Oh yeaaah. That's one freeeeeekay' Jokah'!  8)
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you like eating in here?"   ...Oh yeah. .. ....   ... ... ...You know to tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever been in this room before.   
"hahaeheheh"  You want to get out of here?  "YES."

Robin Williams would be really interesting...
Batman Arkham Asylum: The Batman game the fans were waiting for.

I voted for Tim Curry because he would have Jack's jokes, plus Heath's craziness. Plus, he would have brought an extra edge to the role. ;D

I probably would have been most interested in seeing what Tim Curry's Joker would have been like if Jack had declined the role.

Robin Williams is another that sounds interesting, but to me Williams would make a great Riddler. Especially if the interpretation is similar to TAS "If you're so smart, why arent you rich?" Riddler.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I voted John Lithgow ;D

Quote from: The Joker on Sun, 22 Mar  2009, 22:33
Robin Williams is another that sounds interesting, but to me Williams would make a great Riddler. Especially if the interpretation is similar to TAS "If you're so smart, why arent you rich?" Riddler.

Same to me Williams will always be one of the greatest Batman villains never played.

I love Curry but I just dont see his face portraying The Joker like Nicholson's did and possibly Robin Williams could have.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Quote from: DarkVengeance on Tue, 24 Mar  2009, 04:48
I love Curry but I just dont see his face portraying The Joker like Nicholson's did and possibly Robin Williams could have.

yeah, it's too round.