the cross

Started by WingedFreak71, Fri, 5 Dec 2008, 03:54

Previous topic - Next topic
in batman returns anyone notice a cross in the room when the batsignal lights flood into the room where he's sitting doing the bat-thinker pose??

Fri, 5 Dec 2008, 04:03 #1 Last Edit: Fri, 5 Dec 2008, 04:08 by batass4880
No, is there an actual crucifix or is it a shadow from the window the signal shines through? Where in the room is it?

I have never noticed this, anyone have a screenshot?

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Fri, 5 Dec 2008, 04:35 #3 Last Edit: Fri, 5 Dec 2008, 04:44 by WingedFreak71
not an actual crucifix - when they give the wide shot of the room after he stands up and faces the window their is a big splash of light on the wall to the right that brightens up this cross formation that is part of the design of the wall or book shelf - just how it's lit though made me wonder if burton did it on purpose

just another one of those things i wondered if any of you other bat brains might have maybe sorta kinda noticed - it's 58 seconds into this trailer

Ohh thats kinda crappy, I thought you meant an actual cross, I highly HIGHLY doubt it was meant to be there at all.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

It does look like a cross but I don't think it was intentional.

I think I know what you mean though. Remember right before Selina gets shoved out the window? Her glasses sort of look like the Julie Newmar Catwoman mask but I don't remember if Burton did it on purpose or not.

Perhaps its not a cross but a "T".

Maybe it's subliminally spelling "BAT" with the signal acting as a sort of "B"?

I doubt anything 'found' here was intentional on the film maker's part.

Well, he's a Caped Crusader   :P