Videos promoting Batman Returns...

Started by Grissom, Thu, 5 Mar 2009, 17:39

Previous topic - Next topic
Fri, 6 Mar 2009, 00:19 #10 Last Edit: Fri, 6 Mar 2009, 00:28 by Dark Knight Detective
Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Fri,  6 Mar  2009, 00:07
It doesn't matter how the costume looks - the very idea is silly. One reason why the Nolan movies are a tad rediculous with trying to be so "realistic" is because any vigilante in real life would just wear a ski mask or something. Not something as elaborate as Batman does.

I forgot to add in on how the way Batman operates in certain interpretations.

I mean, sure a guy in a bat costume is a tad weird, but certain interpretations of Batman's operations are sillier than others. And the way I see it, the concept of incorporating the image of a bat makes perfect sense for Batman. It just depends on how it's treated.

Is that choice hotel ad included in the commercial thread? That batwing actually looked pretty cool for a commercial.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Fri,  6 Mar  2009, 00:09
Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Thu,  5 Mar  2009, 23:17The very nature of the Batman character is a tad silly, anyone should realize that. That's one of the reasons that comedy Batman works so well, because the character is just absurd enough.

So Keaton didn't necessarily mean it in a derogatory way, but he was speaking about the concept of Batman, running around beating up people in a strange costume.
I guess this says a lot about the subjectivity of words because to me all he meant was that, when you come right down to it, Batman is no more or less absurd than any other movie role in the sense that they're equally fictitious. So why does a recovering coke addict somehow carry greater cachet than Batman???

You're right. That's how I thought he meant it as well. The concept of making a film and the fact you're acting out to be someone you aren't. The very basic grounds of acting and how any role is equally weird. In this case, playing a comic books hero is no case less of a  serious acting job than playing Hamlet on stage.