Batman Returns blu-ray... EDITED?

Started by Pantallica78, Thu, 11 Dec 2008, 18:42

Previous topic - Next topic
Sat, 27 Dec 2008, 23:04 #10 Last Edit: Sun, 28 Dec 2008, 11:06 by phantom stranger
Does Batman still headbutt Falcone in Batman Begins?

Or does he just shake his hand?

The BBFC are a lot more lenient these days than they used to be. Generally speaking if the BBFC make any cuts at all they will cut for violence and not sex whereas the US censors will cut for sex but not for violence. I'll leave you to decide which is more f'ed up ;) Most of the time they will only make cuts in PG rated films.

As far as the Batman Returns Blu-ray goes, it has not been edited AT ALL. That's the first time in the UK. The theatrical release, the video release and the first DVD release all had two cuts. One was the clown swinging the nunchakas in the remote batarang scene and the other was the aforementioned microwave scene.

The nunchakus were put back in on the SE release, but not the microwave scene and now finally the microwave scene has been restored.

The transfer is beautiful by the way and I actually prefer all the extras being on one disc. All in all I thoroughly recommend it, I'm still waiting on my B89 blu-ray, which will hopefully be here tomorrow.
"Excuse me. You ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?"

Quote from: PJ on Sun, 28 Dec  2008, 10:33
The transfer is beautiful by the way
Jaw droppingly beautiful?
I'm really interested to hear how good it is.