Graphic novels with the work of Carmine Infantino?

Started by Cobblepot4Mayor, Wed, 28 Aug 2013, 21:35

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi all. I'm looking for any graphic novels featuring issues of the groundbreaking sixties Batman comics drawn by I believe Carmine Infantino. Basically the comics that saved Batman and inspired the tv show. The artwork I've seen on the dvd of the first movie look stunning. Unfortunately I've never seen any in comic stores. My local shop just have wave after wave of modern Batman books that don't look as exciting art wise. Is any Infantino stuff available in graphic novel form?

I can only find two such books: Batman in the sixties and The Dynamic Duo Archives Vol 1 and 2. That seems to be it. Does anyone have these and what stories are included? Even these books are quite tough to get on ebay. Seems quite bizarre DC haven't put out more from this era. I'm kinda tired of Miller and Jeph Loeb Batman now.

It's quite amazing I think that these comics saved Batman from cancellation. I can't believe it almost came to that. About as seemingly unlikely as Marvel almost going bankrupt (oops again). What do other fans think of this era?