Batman The Complete Animated Series Blu Ray set (2018)

Started by The Joker, Wed, 8 Aug 2018, 23:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Did anyone hear about the stories of angry Amazon customers getting upset over their orders of the blu ray box set of Batman TAS arriving in the mail, or front door in crummy packaging?

https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/11/02/batman-the-animated-series-deluxe-limited-edition-blu-ray-sets-damaged-amazon/

Unfortunately, and fortunately, I was one of those customers as well. A few days after the release date, my set arrived in the dreaded padded mailer with no additional packaging, and was completely battered. This was also completely unacceptable. After sending the set back at no cost to me, I was notified my replacement set was sent out that very day. Two days later, I received the replacement set, and like the first, arrived only in a padded mailer. Upon opening the packaging, I quickly noticed this set had some dings on the bottom corners, but nothing nearly as horrendous as the initial set. Still, a box set that came out to $94 after sales tax coming in a mere mailer was shoddy to say the least. I decided to call Amazon's customer service contemplating returning the replacement set, but the support rep made a deal I couldn't refuse. Keep the set and have a full refund of the item as well!

So yeah, despite the packaging issues, Amazon resolved the issue.

Saving nearly $100 for a few dings on the box is a trade I'll take any day.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I'm glad to hear it all worked out for you, Joker. Although, this news makes me glad I don't order any box sets through the mail. Too much hassle.

Amazon deciding to compromise and give refunds must mean they really screwed up. :-[
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Wow that's frustrating. I'm glad I didn't order it or I would have been pissed. As it is I'm pissed for y'all who did, but good on Amazon for making it right. That refund is pretty awesome. I would have settled for refunded shipping and a replacement package (I know it'd take time to print those up though).

Yeah, I can't bitch too much since I ended up getting the entire thing for free. Started off pretty bad, but ended up rather swell.

Funny thing is that just yesterday, one of the gifts I bought for my stepfather for Christmas, a $13 calendar, arrived from amazon in a cardboard box completely undamaged ... yet a nearly $100 blu ray box set arrives not once, but twice in a simple padded mailer??

I originally thought that perhaps it was a screw up from whatever particular warehouse that shipped it. Until, I saw the article featuring people all over the U.S. complain about the very same issue. A total blunder to say the least, but I was satisfied with the resolution.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Customer service - as in not having to offer a full refund of $94 by not screwing up in the first place, for instance - is dead.

This one was on my list forever, and seeing the price hovering around $50 at Best Buy and not any cheaper online, I knew it was time to strike. It was also an opportunity to get rid of my old Complete Animated Series on DVD, which was a huge hog of shelf space. Buying new was great because I still got the digital copies as well, despite already being past their expiration date.

As I mentioned that the DVD set was this huge hunk of cardboard that couldn't feasibly fit next to your other DVDs. The Blu-Ray set proves that it can be compressed down to standard dimensions and still have nice packaging. It's even more protective of the discs as well since the DVD case was very brittle and cracked in many places during the original shipment. I suppose one advantage of the DVDs is the colorful artwork on the discs themselves. The menus also have much more effort put into them on those older DVDs. Still not enough to justify having both. The DVD set has its own Bonus Disc, but it only has one 20-minute documentary on it. The rest are trailers for unrelated DC projects. Sadly this feature is not present on the Blu Ray, but again, it's hardly enough to justify the set.

Of course the quality of the Blu Rays just steals the show. Those side-by-side comparisons were jaw-dropping, but even watching on its own is a treat to see in this quality. I always like to have my home videos in the highest quality no matter how trivial, but this remastering is VERY apparent to the naked eye. You can make an argument that the rougher SD quality DVDs carry a specific aesthetic to them (Bruce Timm said as much in the past), but my vote still goes to Blu-Ray.