Michael Keaton's PrimeTime Live interview

Started by The Laughing Fish, Thu, 5 Mar 2020, 13:26

Previous topic - Next topic
I watched this old interview of Keaton when he promoted BR and spoke about his personal life and career.

Just like Bruce Wayne, Keaton in real life always preferred to retreat from the spotlight. 8)

I rather admire his frankness about Hollywood politics. I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to take a huge break from the entire industry for many years because of how fake it is.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I imagine that a fair number of truly gifted performers go to Hollywood seeking a career and quickly discover how vapid and meaningless everything is. I'm not an actor and I have no real aptitude for that sort of stuff. So maybe my biases are showing. But I can't help wondering how many truly talented actors have gone to Hollywood wanting to make their dreams come true and eventually discover that even success in Hollywood is still failure of another kind.

Keaton always struck me as somebody who figured it out early on but enjoyed acting too much to ever wholesale leave the business.