Favorite Games?

Started by DocLathropBrown, Mon, 17 Dec 2007, 00:08

Previous topic - Next topic
What was your single favorite B89/BR video games? Which games did you feel totally capture the essence of their respective film?

For BATMAN, it's far-and-away the Arcade game. Has digitized speech from Keaton and Nicholson, solid gameplay, authentic renderings of Anton Furst's Gotham City designs, great graphics and an authentically replicated Danny Elfman score. Despite this being #1, I can't think of anything I didn't like from the other adaptations.

For Batman Returns, it's harder for me to decide, as there's no game as definitive for Returns as there is BATMAN. I think I'm going to have to go with the Super Nintendo iteration. It's like the entire street fight scene against the Red Triangle Circus Gang, and stretched out to fit the entire film.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

firstly, welcome to the forum doc.

When Batman came out, I only had a Commodore 64 and arcades were far far away from me.  But I played that Batman game to death, I especially love the "Ocean" loading screen and the music.

I then got a Megadrive (or Genesis) in time for Batman Returns.  The graphics were great and the music (though not elfman) was quite fitting.  Although I could not be bothered to finish it.  I did hire a Sega CD unit and played the driving section to death though.

But these days, the wonder of emulators has let me play the rest of the formats - but I have to say the C64 version was my first and lasting memory.

I really liked the Returns game, tho I cant remember too much from it.lol

Batman Returns for the SNES was an amazing game. Great beat em up.

Batman for the NES was great as well, but very hard.

Sun, 21 Sep 2008, 02:42 #4 Last Edit: Thu, 9 Oct 2008, 23:05 by batass4880
For B89 my favorite is the NES because the look and music have a very dark, gritty and brooding mood to it.

For Returns (this is really sick) my favorite is also the NES. I did not like the Super NES version because I thought the game play was very repetitive and I thought that the music sounded like a caricature and mockery of Elfman's excellent score.

For BF I like the Sega Genesis because it looked darker than the movie and you get to use more of Batman's "toys" other than his Batarang and grappling hook.

For TAS I like the Genesis version, though I have a love/hate relationship with it. The game play is boring and hard, but I love the dark electronic music as well as the look and tone.