Should I get the Batman Blu-Ray?

Started by Scarecrow756, Mon, 9 May 2011, 21:17

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Gotham Knight on Thu, 19 Jul  2012, 15:34
Quote from: riddler on Wed, 18 Jul  2012, 15:46
I"ve decided i will get this film on blu ray. But I am waiting until 2014, hoping we get a 25th anniversary special edition that year. If not, the existing blu ray will be cheaper  ;D

That might be a good idea, to wait, I mean, at least perhaps for a reprint/rerun of the original blurays. Or you could get lucky on a local level. CD Warehouse dvd stores are getting used Blu ray sections for fab prices. I mention it only because the Amazon.com price for both Burton era Blurays has sky rocketed. The 25th Ann. for 89 will blind you. I think a local scope might provide better results and more reasonable prices for anybody looking for a fix immediately. There is always local big box stores, too.

There is a local chain of used CD/DVD's. Now that being said i have no clue what will happen with the industry by then. Last year the biggest rental chain in canada (blockbuster) went bankrupt, this year the next biggest (Rogers video) stopped renting out videos. So I do wonder aloud what happens with the DVD/blu ray industry especially with the emergence of online viewing such as Netflix. I subscribe to putlocker or sock share so no need for rentals but nothing beats blu ray quality and I do still purchase movies, I'm just more selective.

I do wonder though will we get another re release of the original series? They don't often do it more than once but you are seeing it happen now with 25th and 30th anniversary edition of 80's films. I got back to the future on blu ray and they did a second set of special editions.

Anybody watched 89, returns, or forever using amazon instant video? I'm considering buying 89 that way rather than blu ray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
May I persuade you to take a sandwich with you, sir?

Quote from: Ill Get Drive-through on Thu,  2 Aug  2012, 16:27
Anybody watched 89, returns, or forever using amazon instant video? I'm considering buying 89 that way rather than blu ray.
No, I haven't watched the films that way. But I still recommend buying the Blu-rays.

I bought and watched on amazon instant video through my roku. It was HD and magnificent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
May I persuade you to take a sandwich with you, sir?

I just watched the 20th anniversary blu-ray for the first time (Initially I held out for the 25th but heard negative things including Goyer participating).

A few things of note;
-I did find it interesting how Sam Ham discusses things not going his way due to the writers strike, the biggest one having the Joker kill the Waynes.
-The blu ray discusses Batman's evolution quite a bit and previous interpretations going back to the serials from the 40's. While it does acknowledge that the Adam West show existed, there was very little focus on it. Bob Kane spoke highly of it but I detected a lot of negative implications about the way the character was portrayed. I don't recall a single shot of West
-Stan Lee was interviewed quite a bit- it seems most of the interviews were from the 2000's as he discusses the spider-man film in the past tense. As usual he showed nothing but class constantly praising his rival company.
-the robin storyboard was interesting. I couldn't tell if it was Dick Grayson or Robin in costume but it featured a car chase and seems it would have replaced the Batwing/joker chase. While I enjoyed the scene I am glad he was written out.

The behind the scenes stuff for Batman '89 is awesome! When I first got it on DVD years ago and viewed the extras, I was truly blown away at the insight, information and just cool stuff about the filming and even the stuff going on on the set etc. Thing is, WB could have put even MORE stuff for us, like the 20/20 Special Look at Batman, other interviews fromo Entertainment Tonight, videos from the premiere etc. I hope one day we will indeed get more stuff for the film. As for now, I have them saved on my computer from Youtube.  ;D

I own several Special Edition DVD's and must say that Batman is my favorite. It takes you back to the making of such a classic! 8)