Batman Video Game History

Started by Batman, Fri, 25 Jan 2008, 19:17

Previous topic - Next topic
Im pretty sure we wont be getting a TDK related game, and I loved the BF game too but it was so damn hard to beat levels.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Sat, 1 Nov 2008, 02:01 #21 Last Edit: Sat, 1 Nov 2008, 02:04 by batsam
yes yes...i know we already discussed this,but TDK game will come out one day or another at least for Pc xbox and ps3 ,be sure of this!!

i dont know exactly when,but we could have a chance to see it on march

did you knew how to block enemies arms and break them in BF game?
did you use that move?

Ah, the direct approach. I admire that in a man with a mask

Quote from: batsam on Sat,  1 Nov  2008, 02:01
yes yes...i know we already discussed this,but TDK game will come out one day or another at least for Pc xbox and ps3 ,be sure of this!!

i dont know exactly when,but we could have a chance to see it on march

did you knew how to block enemies arms and break them in BF game?
did you use that move?

Its been so long since ive played, I should give it a try Thanks! 8)

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

The only Batman game I played enough to complete was the Sega Megadrive version of Batman the movie. I prefered the fighting scenes more than the vehicle levels. Anyone remember this game?

www.batmanslair.proboards.com

yes i do!!I remember that graphically it wasn't that much but it had a quite good gameplay,as for the batmobile and batwing i found them the best we ever had in a 2D batman game,i understand that they were repetitive and simple,but also the others in this section made no exceptions
Ah, the direct approach. I admire that in a man with a mask

I remember the Batwing had to catch/cut balloons and the Batmobile had to use its 'harpoon line' to grab posts to take corners at high speed!  :) I did have a lot of fun with that game.

www.batmanslair.proboards.com

Sun, 16 Nov 2008, 06:40 #26 Last Edit: Sun, 16 Nov 2008, 23:12 by Max
"Batman" for NES is an excellent game, a great platformer. It's challenging, but in a good way. You can make it through, with patience and timing. Also, the music, while not Elfman-inspired, is some of the best I've heard on the NES.

"Batman Returns" on SNES is a good beat 'em up, though a bit of a "Final Fight" retread, both in gameplay and visuals. Great recreations of Danny Elfman's music, though.

The "Batman" arcade game is a decent beat 'em up. It really captures the feel of the movie with its locations and the digitized versions of Elfman's pieces from the film.

I still play Batman Returns on my SNES, but I've never been able to make it past the Penguin in the final level :(

Mon, 29 Dec 2008, 04:01 #28 Last Edit: Tue, 30 Dec 2008, 02:45 by batass4880
Has anyone ever played B&R for the PlayStation? Is it just as "good" as the movie?

Quote from: batass4880 on Mon, 29 Dec  2008, 04:01
Has anyone ever played B&R for the PlayStation? Is it just as good as the movie?

Actually, it's a very good game. The controls are a little sluggish and therefore the game can be difficult at times, but what it boasts is great: a full, free roaming Gotham City along with Wayne Manor and the Batcave. You can take the Batmobile/Batcycle/Redbird out through the city. Stop random muggings, pick up clues, all kinds of great stuff.

As I said, the controls are sluggish, though, making actually trying to play through the storyline a bit of a pain.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton