Vicki Vale in the Batcave

Started by batass4880, Tue, 7 Oct 2008, 02:49

Previous topic - Next topic
Agreed, brilliant moment. Just the right way to end the batcave scene, plus I find Batman lifting his cape (like he does in the opening scene) gives him a real animal quality.

What I've always wanted to know is what did Batman do to make Vicki fall asleep? ???

Looked like strong BO - Bat Odour  ;)

Well, Keaton did say that he felt hot in the suit. It makes perfect sense LOL! :D

Sat, 17 Jan 2009, 23:40 #24 Last Edit: Sat, 17 Jan 2009, 23:54 by DallyWhitty
Quote from: The Batman Returns on Sat, 17 Jan  2009, 03:30
What I've always wanted to know is what did Batman do to make Vicki fall asleep? ???
I believe in the comic adaptation he used a small capsule of gas to knock her out.

Alfred letting Vale in the Batcave never bothered me. I never knew it was such a problem until I read it up on the internet a few years back. I like that it was referenced in Returns, though. "Oh hi, Vic, come on in."

About Batman turning on the light to stop Vale from studying his face in the Batmobile . . . interestingly I didn't pick up on that until I re-watched it a couple of nights ago. And I must've watched the film literally about 20 times.

Even the greatest masterpiece has its flaws.

I never had a problem with the scene, and also didn't know it was an issue until Sam made mention of it. I still don't have a problem with it, but to be honest I think they could have improved it by not having her walk in quite so soon after Bruce's discovery of his parents' murderer. I think they could extended that part for a moment before having her waltz in. Either way though, not an issue in my opinion and I also feel that it was a good way to show Alfred putting sort of a last ditch, desperation effort.