Anton Furst 1990 Q&A/Lecture

Started by DocLathropBrown, Fri, 22 Feb 2013, 05:11

Previous topic - Next topic
Fri, 22 Feb 2013, 05:11 Last Edit: Fri, 22 Feb 2013, 05:26 by DocLathropBrown
What a find! This is a video recording of a lecture Anton Furst gave about his career and his experience on films. Very detailed and very loose discussion--If you're offended by swearing, Anton will definitely offend. He shares his art designs for BATMAN, some we've seen before but MANY we haven't, his anecdotes about the filming (including the unbelieveable death-defying dropping of the 1.5 ton bell past the Batman Stuntman in the Cathedral stairway), and also shows stills taken with Tim before filming began, showing the set lit in ways not done during production--beautifully showing the Gotham we know so well in fascinatingly new, gothic detail.

This was recorded little more than a year before his suicide. The BATMAN discussion begins at about 58 minutes, but the slides start showing the art designs at about 49 minutes. NOT TO BE MISSED!

http://sma.sciarc.edu/video/anton-furst/
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

For whatever reason these clips aren't loading for me.

Thank you so much for posting this.

WOW, this has great stuff in it. I'm gonna try to save it to my computer.

The utility belt was going to be black?!? I didn't know that, did you guys know that? And how were the fans able to find out about it in order to complain about it in the first place?

Keep forgetting to watch this...and I really want to watch it!!