89 score remaster

Started by illgetdrivethrough, Thu, 2 Aug 2012, 13:13

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Ill Get Drive-through on Sat,  8 Sep  2012, 00:44
I don't understand why in today's day and age you remaster a cd then not sell it as a download.
Fair point. This new release well and truly supersedes the old one in terms of content and sound. I'd like it to be front and centre in that regard, as it represents the film's sound in an even better way. On the other hand I do like the limited edition, get in early approach. I've got a physical copy of both the Elfman scores and it feels special now they've sold out. And remember, you can always find the score online without paying for it. Not that I endorse that kind of thing.

Quote from: KeatonisBatman on Fri,  7 Sep  2012, 23:59
[Link removed. Our policy here is not to post links to files that infringe copyright on La-La Land's projects - Paul]

Ooops!  Sorry Paul!  I'll just send him a PM next time around  :)

I excitedly listened to the score for Dark Knight Rises on cd before seeing the movie. Some tracks were excellent but others frankly had me almost on the verge of falling asleep. I did like the new Catwoman theme that I felt was very close to sounding like the old Catwoman theme devised by Elfman.

And then I put in the 1989 limited edition remaster score...

And oh boy! 2 hours of sheer excitement without images. Never NEVER a dull moment. Every extended tracks smashed with interest. Maybe I'm being too nostalgic but Elfman's score ideas blow Hans Zimmer with a Bat-bazooka. Not just the iconic title theme (and have you British fans heard it in tv trailers for the new Batman lego game? Back on tv and in the public consciousness again! Wahay!) but also tracks like the rousing Attack of the Batwing and Descent into Mystery. This is proof that an operatic Batman is frankly sometimes more exciting than a harder edged realistic Gotham City.

I hear Batman Lego EVERY day. My son asks to play it all the time. So we bribe him in return for half an hour :)

Quote from: Paul (ral) on Thu, 20 Sep  2012, 01:28
I hear Batman Lego EVERY day. My son asks to play it all the time. So we bribe him in return for half an hour :)
Good stuff.  ;D

I really wish I could get this, I cant find it anywhere.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Sell you mine for $200

I'm joking of course

Of course haha I wouldn't spend that much on it anyways.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.