Max Shreck in the comics

Started by Dark Knight Detective, Fri, 20 Feb 2009, 05:40

Previous topic - Next topic
Fri, 20 Feb 2009, 05:40 Last Edit: Sat, 21 Feb 2009, 18:33 by The Batman Returns
I've always wanted Max to appear as a noticeable villain within the Batman comics. I mean, the guy is awesome. He has the evil businessman persona, a goody-goody facade, ways of manipulating others to get what he wants, & his physicality (seriously, with that hair of his, he was definitely asking to be in the comics).

Anyone else think that this would've been nice to have happened?

Don't get me wrong, I think Max is a fantastic character and Walken did a great job, but I think he should remain solely in the Burton universe. And he's dead, fried to a crisp. I don't see him being brought back in another medium this late in the game anyway.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 20 Feb  2009, 08:04Don't get me wrong, I think Max is a fantastic character and Walken did a great job, but I think he should remain solely in the Burton universe. And he's dead, fried to a crisp. I don't see him being brought back in another medium this late in the game anyway.
Yep.  I agree.  That being said, sometimes adapting a movie character has merit.  I forget the character's name but I would like to see Rutger Haur's BB character pop up in the comics.

Sat, 21 Feb 2009, 18:40 #4 Last Edit: Sat, 21 Feb 2009, 18:42 by The Batman Returns
Personally, I think it wouldn't be such a bad time to bring Shreck into the comics.

Just look at Harley Quinn. She was created specifically for B:TAS in 1992, but she came into the comics. Plus, it was 5 years after her B:TAS appearance.

I wouldn't mind seeing him or a spin off of his character in the comics, but I wouldn't want him to be a constant. Just a once in a while figure who pops up here and there. I have yet to read my Batman Returns GN, but it would be so sweet to see that one line of his popping up in a comic book bubble as he sits across the table from Bruce. "One can never have too much power, if my life has one meaning, that's the meaning."

Is it just me or does that seem like a line fit for a comic book character?

I'd love to see Shreck appear only if someone did an elsewords kind of thing, a mini-series/graphic novel featuring an expanded universe of the Burton films.
IMO some characters lose their appeal if they are part of an on-going universe (and, personally, I hate the very idea of an ongoing Marvel Universe and a DC universe, I simply like good characters and stories)

Not to mention... Shreck's main attraction, apart from his Expressionistic allusions with his Nosferatu-name, his vampiric clothing and the "Rotwang-from-Metropolis" haircut, is the actor that plays him  8)