RUMOR:TDKR Prologue Attached to Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol?

Started by BatmAngelus, Thu, 20 Oct 2011, 22:03

Previous topic - Next topic
http://www.slashfilm.com/rumor-8-minute-dark-knight-rises-prologue-attached-mission-impossible-ghost-protocol-imax/

Slashfilm first reported this yesterday.  As you probably remember, the bank robbery sequence of The Dark Knight was attached as a prologue to the IMAX screenings of I Am Legend at the end of 2007 and if this rumor pans out to be true, we could see the opening sequence of The Dark Knight Rises at IMAX screenings for the next Mission: Impossible movie in December.

At this point, I'll take it as a rumor until it's confirmed, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do this again.  I wonder if it'll be along Dark Knight's lines in introducing the villain or if it'll be focused on Bruce Wayne/Batman.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

I'm suprised at this rumor - isn't IM released by Paramount? Normally these types of things are kept in-house so to speak - why would WB want to line Paramounts pockets?

Quote from: BatmAngelus on Thu, 20 Oct  2011, 22:03
I wonder if it'll be along Dark Knight's lines in introducing the villain or if it'll be focused on Bruce Wayne/Batman.
Indeed. It could be either:

Bane's breakout from prison, or:
Batman escaping the police on the batpod - aerial vehicle.

Interesting.

For those who missed it, AMC Theaters had been reporting that the TDKR prologue would be available with IMAX screenings of Mission: Impossible, but only the ones projecting in 70mm.  The digital IMAX theaters would not be showing it.  Now it seems like they've retracted the story.
http://blastr.com/2011/10/confirmed-dark-knight-ris.php

Why 70mm only?  I have no idea.  We'll see if more details come, but the fact that AMC made some sort of acknowledgment/announcement seems to indicate that something new will be coming this December.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...