Favourite Soundtrack

Started by The Dark Knight, Tue, 22 Jul 2008, 10:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Elfman Batman Soundtrack do you prefer?

Batman (1989)
Batman Returns
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Sat, 24 Oct  2009, 02:51
I realise that the Prince songs are not to everyone's tastes
Upon Prince coming on, I'm sure Alfred would say "Shall we change the iPod to a song with some dignity and class? Face to Face, perhaps?"

In that case Alfred should remove that stick from his butt.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 24 Oct  2009, 01:39If I include the Prince songs with Elfman's soundtrack, that's something that puts me off it. I'm just not that fond of them. They strike me as dated, cheesy and a bit out of place. They're not a deal breaker, though.
Esp if they're on a second disc all by themselves and the real music gets a proper remastering job, eh?  Eh, TDK?  Eh?

Sat, 24 Oct 2009, 08:55 #63 Last Edit: Sat, 24 Oct 2009, 09:00 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sat, 24 Oct  2009, 07:08
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 24 Oct  2009, 01:39If I include the Prince songs with Elfman's soundtrack, that's something that puts me off it. I'm just not that fond of them. They strike me as dated, cheesy and a bit out of place. They're not a deal breaker, though.
Esp if they're on a second disc all by themselves and the real music gets a proper remastering job, eh?  Eh, TDK?  Eh?
Yes, I'm all for remastering and expanding Elfman's scores.

Elfman composed or not, the Prince stuff is connected to the film. I'm not just judging Elfman's compositions here, I'm encompassing every peice of music played in the film.

By right, the Prince songs should have been included on the official soundtrack - just like Face to Face was for the Batman Returns soundtrack.

In that regard, I'm only really half there with the Batman (1989) music.

I'd have to go with batman it had the bigger momments.
you ever dance with the devil on a pale moon light