Summary Leak? Contains possible spoilers!

Started by Paul (ral), Thu, 3 Mar 2011, 12:39

Previous topic - Next topic
Thu, 3 Mar 2011, 12:39 Last Edit: Thu, 3 Mar 2011, 12:45 by Paul (ral)
Badass Digest claim they have a brief summary of TDKR.

From: http://www.badassdigest.com/2011/03/02/the-dark-knight-rises-but-against-whom-major-spoilers

Batman-On-Film have confirmed it is true.

QuoteAnne Hathaway will be Catwoman in the movie. I can't tell you what role she has in the beginning, but by the end of the story Catwoman isn't a villain but rather an ally of Batman. And who are they teaming up to take out?

The League of Shadows.

Headed by Talia Al'Ghul. With Bane, who is her muscle/possible love interest. And with Joseph Gordon-Levitt in tow. Is he playing Black Mask? My source didn't know, but did know that Levitt is certainly an antagonist and involved with the League of Shadows.

Fri, 4 Mar 2011, 00:26 #1 Last Edit: Fri, 4 Mar 2011, 00:29 by The Dark Knight
I know it will be done differently, but I can't help but recall crow BaR's Ivy/Bane team-up. If this is true, which I think it is, I'd much rather Bane be his own man. Talia tells him what she wants, but he has free creative control over how he achieves that.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri,  4 Mar  2011, 00:26
I know it will be done differently, but I can't help but recall crow BaR's Ivy/Bane team-up. If this is true, which I think it is, I'd much rather Bane be his own man. Talia tells him what she wants, but he has free creative control over how he achieves that.

Same man, I don't want a Bane thats hired muscle, I want a Bane thats a one man killing machine

This probably contradicts the Talia of the comics a bit (she's supposed to be one of the bigger loves of Batman), but I don't mind since I was never the biggest fan of this side of the Batman story.

If this synopsis is indeed true, what I really love is that Catwoman is an ally of Batman. This is one reason to get more excited, at least from my POV :)

As for Bane - I think one of the reasons Nolan picked him was the butchering of the character in Batman & Robin. What the general audience knew about Bane is that he's the big dumb bodyguard of Poison Ivy - the new film is going to change that.

I'm inclined to believe this is true because, when you honestly think about it, where else can they go? Nolan's instance on what he considers realism forbids...everybody. 

I mean... lets be honest...if the Joker wasn't THE villain of the mythos...he wouldn't have done him. Even so, the more I watch TDK the more I become convinced that his inclusion as a "force of nature" was Nolan's way of begrudgingly adding him in the first place.