My first Bat-comics

Started by Paul (ral), Wed, 13 Aug 2008, 21:46

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm pretty sure the first issue of the "Untold Legend of Batman" was the one.

Having always being more of a fan of the villains, who I for whatever reason found more interesting and more to my liking than the hero (yeah, to me Cobra was cooler than G.I. Joe, Shredder >>> TMNT, Skeletor as opposed to He-Man, ect ect), this cover immediately caught my eye as it not only had my favourite, The Joker, but also Riddler and Penguin.

It was a must have.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Now thats a great issue to start, with Batman's origins and all

Quote from: GothamAlleys on Fri, 19 Nov  2010, 06:55
Now thats a great issue to start, with Batman's origins and all

Very true, sir.

Something that I later found myself really enjoying about the series, though not initially aware of them, were the homages to classic Batman stories.

I vividly remember years later being able to read "The Origin of the Batman" (thanks to The Greatest Batman stories ever Told trade), and "The Crimes of Two-Face" (thanks to Batman: Featuring Two-Face and the Riddler trade that came out around the same time as Batman Forever), and thinking how familiar some of the illustrations/panels looked until it dawned on me that this series was the reason why.

In addition, I particularly always loved this piece or art. Just can't go wrong with great action in the foreground with numerous villains half shaded in the background.  ;D

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."