The Man Who Could've Been Batman

Started by BatmAngelus, Tue, 27 Oct 2009, 21:26

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: damiean dark on Sat, 14 Nov  2009, 18:06
I still dont see Defoe as Wayne but did any of us think Keaton would have been so good? even if your not a fan you have to admit he was better then anyone expected him to be.

You know, I was a kid back then so I wasn't part of the whole campaign to get Keaton removed. I probably only knew him from Beetlejuice (if anything).

But lately I've been watching some of his early 80's work for the first time. With the exception of Clean and Sober, they're all variations on the same wacky persona. I finally understand why people were against him! Only took me two decades.

Yeah, Keaton was mainly known for his roles in Mr. Mom, Night Shift, and maybe Johnny Dangerously. Clean and Sober proved Keaton could do dramatic roles, but that film came out the same year Beetlejuice did (1988). So guess which one overshadowed the other in the public's mind.  ;)

Oh, and NICE manip, silenig!

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Ray Liotta was reportedly asked to meet with Tim Burton for a role. 

There's no specification on which one, but I'm just gonna add it in this thread anyways:
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,1537670,00.html
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 15 Dec  2009, 02:03
Willem would have been Da-FOE. Get it?

No....Really.

Do you get it?!

Everyone got that joke when they pulled during the build up to Spider-Man. My dad drove me nuts with it all the way to the Spidey's opening weekend. He still pulls it to this day.

It is a clever joke though.
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?