come on knox

Started by WingedFreak71, Tue, 22 Dec 2009, 05:57

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: silenig on Tue, 29 Dec  2009, 10:32
Agreed. It's a pity that the music for this scene was excluded from the official OST album.
I know. It's probably my favourite segment of music from the film. It captures the tragic heroism of the character in a matter of seconds. It is perfect.

I think knox and vicki were the best characters for that movie.  Period.

Knox and Vicki trying to figure out batman give us the audience a more down to earth point of view that really enlightens us.  Plus, I like the fact that knox and vicki weren't like normal people in that they weren't selfish and they didn't like the scum of gotham any more than batman did.  Plus, nobody believed in batman except for knox, which shows his character right there.

Maybe some people think Vicki was annoying.  I think the opposite.  I think she was smart and the crux of the whole movie.  She was batmans love and was going to be jokers harley quinn (felicia killed herself).  She was the one who needed to be saved in the cathedral.

All I know is is that Knox and Vicki provided heart and the regular person mindset that any batman movie should have.

Quote from: burtongenius on Sun,  3 Jan  2010, 18:05
Maybe some people think Vicki was annoying.  I think the opposite.  I think she was smart and the crux of the whole movie.  She was batmans love and was going to be jokers harley quinn (felicia killed herself).  She was the one who needed to be saved in the cathedral.

All I know is is that Knox and Vicki provided heart and the regular person mindset that any batman movie should have.

I really liked Knox too.  He acted as the audience's representative.  The ordinary guy on the periphery of the action.

However, as sexy as Kim Basinger was I thought her character's constant screaming did not suit a supposedly professional photo-journalist who had travelled to war-zones.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I think she was screaming because of the gruesome way people were dying and the fact that all this killing was being done by the joker and in regular civilian life.  The fact that it wasn't a war zone is what made it so terrifying.  At least thats what I think.  I mean, being in war desensitizes death, whereas civilian life is just cold blooded murder.  And thats what makes all the difference. 

I probably would'ved screamed as much too.  Though not like a girl. :D

Quote from: burtongenius on Sun,  3 Jan  2010, 22:12
I think she was screaming because of the gruesome way people were dying and the fact that all this killing was being done by the joker and in regular civilian life.  The fact that it wasn't a war zone is what made it so terrifying.  At least thats what I think.  I mean, being in war desensitizes death, whereas civilian life is just cold blooded murder.  And thats what makes all the difference. 

I probably would'ved screamed as much too.  Though not like a girl. :D

A much as I enjoyed her performance I did think she acted too much like a ditz for a supposedly intelligent character, especially when she lies to Batman about her real weight.   ::)
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Yeah, that was pretty shallow.  And life threatening too.

Overall, I think she was a necessary character.  How she was protrayed is a different story.  But I'm not too hard on her.