Best Burton Villain

Started by The Dark Knight, Mon, 13 Apr 2009, 11:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is the best?

The Joker (Jack Nicholson)
The Penguin (Danny DeVito)
Catwoman
Max Shreck
For me the best Burton villian is Penguin because Burton took a chracter from the comics that was quite two dimensensal imo and made him three dimensensal while still retaining some of the comic book traits and appearance to an extent. In addition he made him a tragic villain which to any one calling foul play just look what Dini did to Mr Freeze then come back to me. His relationship with Batman was also quite fasnating as Paul Dini quoted in a interview, "One was scared by his parents death the other was scared by his parents" It creates almost quite a good opposite to Batman in many driffrent ways which I think some of the best Batman villians have always done, Joker for example reprenting choas wheras Batman reprents order. Credit also has to go to Devito who turned out an amazing performance and its a crying shame he was nomaninted a Razzi back in the day, some people don`t know good acting even when they are hit in the face with it but thats a topic for another day. Anyways that is why I think Penguin is the best Burton villian and is also one of my personal favourites from the Batman movie franchise as a whole.
"Tell me something my friend, you ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight"- The Joker- Batman 89

"I guess I`m tired of wearing masks"- Selina Kyle- Batman Returns

"But if you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, and if they can't stop you, then you become something else entirely...a legend Mr Wayne"- Henri Ducard- Batman Begins

"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villian, I can do those things cause I`m not a hero not like Dent"- Batman- The Dark Knight

Mr.J... Catwoman in 2  ;D
Batman Arkham Asylum: The Batman game the fans were waiting for.

Quote from: Scarecrow756 on Wed,  7 Oct  2009, 08:59For me the best Burton villian is Penguin because Burton took a chracter from the comics that was quite two dimensensal imo and made him three dimensensal while still retaining some of the comic book traits and appearance to an extent. In addition he made him a tragic villain which to any one calling foul play just look what Dini did to Mr Freeze then come back to me. His relationship with Batman was also quite fasnating as Paul Dini quoted in a interview, "One was scared by his parents death the other was scared by his parents" It creates almost quite a good opposite to Batman in many driffrent ways which I think some of the best Batman villians have always done, Joker for example reprenting choas wheras Batman reprents order. Credit also has to go to Devito who turned out an amazing performance and its a crying shame he was nomaninted a Razzi back in the day, some people don`t know good acting even when they are hit in the face with it but thats a topic for another day. Anyways that is why I think Penguin is the best Burton villian and is also one of my personal favourites from the Batman movie franchise as a whole.
Precisely that.  I love Jack Nicholson as the Joker, for my money that rendition will never be topped (with all due respect to his competition) but I never felt for him.  He was a sadistic killer.  He didn't really go through a massive arc or anything.

But the Penguin?  Oh man.  I mean, yeah, he was a sick f**k but you can't help feeling for him a little bit.  If he'd been loved as a child, there's every reason to think things might've turned out differently for him.  He got what he had coming to him but that doesn't necessarily mean that you don't feel some compassion for the guy.

The Penguin was the better villain of the two.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Thu, 15 Oct  2009, 05:59
The Penguin was the better villain of the two.
I agree. The Penguin is the best Burton villain, but The Joker is my favourite.