Batman Returns HD

Started by Paul (ral), Thu, 20 Nov 2008, 21:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Wow. These are fantastic. Thanks for the upload. The 1080p resolution Blu ray shots are going to be interesting.

Thu, 20 Nov 2008, 23:22 #2 Last Edit: Thu, 20 Nov 2008, 23:25 by raleagh
They are from a HD TV broadcast.  All in all, the movie feels so much better in HD than the DVD - mainly due to the detail in some of the sets and costumes.  However, some of the matte shots and special effects suffer from the increased clarity  :( and in one shot inparticular

The bars and the background seem to jar with each other

The penguins make-up looks.....well......made up

Fri, 21 Nov 2008, 00:48 #3 Last Edit: Fri, 21 Nov 2008, 01:00 by Batman
Well, that's the unforgiving clarity of HD for you.
Just wait till you see these flaws in 1080p.  :-\

That's why I stand by my statement, that the Burton Batman movies could use the same slight facelift Blade Runner got.

Beautiful Catwoman, simply beautiful!

The close-up of Penguin's face is splendid. So clear and detailed. I simply cannot wait for the Blu ray.

Really nice clarity. I see what you mean by the Penguins makeup though.

www.batmanslair.proboards.com

Blue-ray ruins alot of things for me, it makes cgi and other older effects look really fake. I watched Hellboy 2 the other day on Blue-Ray and it was fake as hell, on the other hand I watched Tropic Thunder on that format and it looked great, I just think most cgi effects movies dont look as good cause the detail and quality are so high.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

dumb question but if i have a ps3 that plays blu-ray but my tv isn't hd or anything is it worth it to get blu ray dvds?

also for any new yorkers they're selling dark knight already on 40th st and 8th next to the port authority but it's $28 - the extras aren't what i'd hoped - guess the super deluxe tricked out edition will be out next year with better extras

Quote from: WingedFreak71 on Sun, 23 Nov  2008, 00:00
dumb question but if i have a ps3 that plays blu-ray but my tv isn't hd or anything is it worth it to get blu ray dvds?

Only for the extra functionality that Blu-ray gives - also if you are going to get a format you may as well get the one that's more future proof!