Batman '89 was just something....... OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!!!!!

Started by Jack Napier, Sat, 29 Nov 2008, 22:21

Previous topic - Next topic
What I feel about Batman '89 is something you can't put into words. It was the first SERIOUS attempt at Batman the world had ever seen on the big screen. When people saw it, it was unlike anything they've EVER seen before. The movie was done so carefully and brilliantly, the visuals and everything was just the icing on the cake. The frightning, dirty, and gothic tone was just so PERFECT, because the combination of the three had never been done before with a Batman movie. The gritty and darkish mood and vibe was just a wonderful feeling people got when they saw the movie. In fact, it was such a feeling, NO BATMAN MOVIE WILL EVER BE ABLE TO REPLICATE.
*Wipes blood off of Newspaper*
-Winged freak TERRORIZES? Wait'll they get a load of me.

It had the mood and atmosphere dead on. So did Returns. Burton is an expert at doing that.

You are right, nothing will never be able to touch it, it truly set the standard for modern comic book films.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Quote from: YouCanCallMeJoker on Sat, 29 Nov  2008, 22:21
What I feel about Batman '89 is something you can't put into words. It was the first SERIOUS attempt at Batman the world had ever seen on the big screen. When people saw it, it was unlike anything they've EVER seen before. The movie was done so carefully and brilliantly, the visuals and everything was just the icing on the cake. The frightning, dirty, and gothic tone was just so PERFECT, because the combination of the three had never been done before with a Batman movie. The gritty and darkish mood and vibe was just a wonderful feeling people got when they saw the movie. In fact, it was such a feeling, NO BATMAN MOVIE WILL EVER BE ABLE TO REPLICATE.

Exellently put ;). It's easy to see why Batman was a huge hit in 1989 and a true classic in 2008.