BATMAN Revised

Started by Kamdan, Sun, 9 Nov 2008, 22:56

Previous topic - Next topic
I was thinking of doing a revision of Sam Hamm's script and here are some ideas I want to include:

- Vicki Vale is replaced by Silver St. Cloud. I was also thinking of combinding her with the Alicia Hunt character to give her a better backstory since she wouldn't obviously be a photographer and a better reason for The Joker to pursue her.
- The Knox character is mostly cut. His presents is simular to the reporter in Batman Returns.
- Harvey Dent has a bigger part and is given Knox's dialogue in the party scene.

Any other suggestions or comments, please post them!

That sounds pretty good. I like the idea of Harvey Dent having a bigger part.
One thing i can think of is to give Joker some more violent scene's.

Sun, 9 Nov 2008, 23:17 #2 Last Edit: Sun, 9 Nov 2008, 23:20 by Darrell Kaiser
I also want to do a better climax in the cathedral. I want to keep the "mano e mano" confrontation between Batman and The Joker. Hince, no Vicki and no henchmen. The confrontation in The Killing Joke is a great example. The character of Grissom will be replaced with Falcone. I wanted to use Throne, but I want to save him for a sequel.

Sun, 9 Nov 2008, 23:45 #3 Last Edit: Mon, 10 Nov 2008, 01:30 by batass4880
That's cool that you want to give Dent a bigger role but I still liked the Knox character. I see what you're saying though. I never thought of Billy Dee Williams as Harvey Dent. I thought he was just another typical politician in that movie.

To be honest I wouldn't change a thing, it was brilliant how the entire movie worked. There are some interesting ideas I read in the drafts leading up to the finished film, that might have worked well, but the movie we got is why we are here on this board and other message boards across the internet talking about it.