Batman and Batman Returns? - Fill in the blanks...

Started by johnnygobbs, Thu, 17 Jun 2010, 12:46

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Mon, 28 Jun  2010, 22:49
Quote from: Catwoman on Mon, 28 Jun  2010, 07:09
ask another one.

Ok.  I'm thinking of some more.  I'll get back to you soon... :)

since you stole my what if thread can i steal this one and post one? i have a good one. well at least i think it is lol.

Quote from: Catwoman on Tue, 29 Jun  2010, 03:19
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Mon, 28 Jun  2010, 22:49
Quote from: Catwoman on Mon, 28 Jun  2010, 07:09
ask another one.

Ok.  I'm thinking of some more.  I'll get back to you soon... :)

since you stole my what if thread can i steal this one and post one? i have a good one. well at least i think it is lol.

Definitely Catwoman.  It's not really my thread in any case.  Also, I was hoping other members would join in and ask their own questions.  The more the merrier.  I look forward to your questions Catwoman.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Well concerning Bruce's age, in Batman '89 he seems to be in his late 20's, although it's not specifically mentioned. Just going by the events in the film and even how old Keaton looked, I'll say late 20's.

ok here's mine.

the dark knight said in another post that they shouldn't have had catwoman look at the bat signal at the end and leave it up to imagination as to if she lived or not. so here's my question.

putting everything you know (that she clearly lived) aside, if you had only seen her shadow and no proof afterwards, would you have assumed that bruce was seeing things or that she was alive based on her being shot four times and electrocuting herself?

my answer is obvious, i mean sh*t i'm the one who says i think the ice princess might have lived because of her body never being shown.

Quote from: Catwoman on Tue, 29 Jun  2010, 17:59
ok here's mine.

the dark knight said in another post that they shouldn't have had catwoman look at the bat signal at the end and leave it up to imagination as to if she lived or not. so here's my question.

putting everything you know (that she clearly lived) aside, if you had only seen her shadow and no proof afterwards, would you have assumed that bruce was seeing things or that she was alive based on her being shot four times and electrocuting herself?

my answer is obvious, i mean sh*t i'm the one who says i think the ice princess might have lived because of her body never being shown.

I don't think Bruce was delusional.  I think he genuinely saw Catwoman's shadow which is very distinct from the stray cat he found.

Catwoman was clearly a force of nature; she survived Max throwing her out of the window, and I'm still not sure whether she was in fact electrocuted since she could have easily removed herself from Max and the generator device just before she pushed him inside.

On the other hand, had Catwoman not arisen to face the Bat-symbol at the close of the film I guess I might have assumed that Catwoman was probably dead.  Ambiguity can be good on most occasions, but on this instance I was pleased to see Catwoman was definitely still alive, not least because I hoped that Burton might make his own Catwoman spin-off movie as had been rumoured back in the early-1990s.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Had the film only shown the shadow, I would have assumed Catwoman was alive. Though after the confrontation, Catwoman was clearly on Bruce's mind, and he could have been seeing what he wanted to see. I doubt it, but who knows? That's the magic of it all, it's open to interpretation.

For example, I find such a minimilastic approach, eg. just hearing the Wampa in TESB and not seeing it, more magical and effective. Less is more is true.

IMO, in that original scene, there is more urgency and tension because you can't see the creature. You never knew if the Wampa was going to dart out around a corner or not.

But alas, the comparison to this scene is where they show the Wampa. To me, it reeks of a slap in the face and lets the film maker infer nothing. Imagination is not sparked. Yeah, those movies are made with children in mind, but children aren't that dumb, surely?