Blu-ray reviews...

Started by Grissom, Tue, 10 Mar 2009, 18:33

Previous topic - Next topic

To be honest, I don't know about Blu-Ray, and how much better it makes older movies "look". The newer releases look incredible on a 1080p HDTV, that much I know for sure. But I'm not really sure if Blu-Ray is just worth getting right now considering it's so expensive and I already put so much money into my DVD collection that I have acquired over the last 5 years with the Batman Motion Picture Anthology being one of the many sets I still continue to cherish on my shelf.

I would save up for a Playstation 3 which has the player inside it and makes it a perfect buy. But like I said, it's all too much right now. I still really want to see the new transfers of the Batman franchise on Blu-Ray as I do with many other films. But I have a 720p HDTV, with a lower resolution than the 1080p and even with the standard DVDs I have, it makes the films look as equally good as a 1080p and it makes me forget about Blu-Ray altogether. I don't know though, maybe it's just my TV settings that makes it look so good....
"Jack is dead my friend. You can call me, Joker. And, as you can see, I'm a lot happier."

I think you can get for about $80 on amazon, but a friend of mine read some info saying that WB will be releasing each film separately later in the year. Let's hope so...

I was quite impressed with Batman 89. One of the things that struck me was that during the rooftop fight, you could see the mugger Batman kicked into the door in the background as he reeled in the other mugger. To me, it made it even more scarier! :o

Ive watched both 89 and BR on the blue ray and they are pretty stunning, BR more so than 89 just because of the difference in film quality used when making the films.

But overall a must have, though I do agree I wish you could buy them all separately.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Has anyone watched Batman Forever on Blu-Ray yet?
"Jack is dead my friend. You can call me, Joker. And, as you can see, I'm a lot happier."

Interestingly enough, they're available separately here in Austria.

Haven't bought them, though. It will be some time till I can afford the transition to advance to Blu-Ray/ HDTV.

Do these Blu-ray discs come with all the special features as dvds?   :)

www.batmanslair.proboards.com

Quote from: Knight-of-Darkness on Sat, 11 Apr  2009, 15:26
Do these Blu-ray discs come with all the special features as dvds?   :)

Yes.