Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Fri, 12 Apr 2019, 20:32

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed, 17 Nov  2021, 05:32
All of which has just been blasted off the face of the earth. If anybody still follows him now, I can only guess they're drinking ALL of the Kool-Aid and asking for seconds.
The cycle continues because people will believe what they want to be true, rather than facing up to the likelihood of something actually happening. This leads to raised expectations that never even existed and a whole lot of frustration. To those people I say get on board the detached mindset train. Nothing owns you. It is what it is.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed, 17 Nov  2021, 05:32
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Wed, 17 Nov  2021, 05:07
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue, 16 Nov  2021, 23:27
Hopefully by now, Doomcock has lost all his credibility. He's been predicting Kennedy's ouster for at least a year now.

With an idiotic name like Doomcock, I'm surprised you gave the creep any time of your day to be honest.

I think I'm going to stop paying attention to all of these scoopers going forward. Unless it's confirmed by the trades, always take everything with a grain of salt. Some scoopers might get a couple of things right, but chances are they may have stolen sources from somebody else, or they're simply guessing.
In Doomcock's case, he stole his scoops for TROS from 4chan or something and then pretended like they were his. I wasn't aware of that at the time. But that's the stuff he got "right" (because he stole it).

Stealing scoops is bad, but you know what's worse? Stealing scoops and interviewing high profile people to trick viewers into believing their legitimacy. That's what LightCast and The Cultured Nerd did, for all things ZSJL. They were accused by other Reddit scoopers for not only stealing sources, but doxxing other people too. I've seen those LightCast and TCN have a very public falling out with a former associate of theirs who started his own YouTube channel - Syl Abdul, who collaborates with Mikey Sutton.

Long story short, these guys got exposed for plagiarising comic book art in a JL motion comic project they were producing in the name of charity (which even had ZSJL actors Joe Morton and Ray Porter involved as voice actors). The host reacted by taking swipes at the entire Snyder Twitter fandom for questioning the use of the artwork, even though he later acknowledged there were some legalities he didn't anticipate. Not to mention he was caught saying the motion comic was going to use original fan art on a YouTube livestream. 

The result was the project got cancelled, the YouTube channel was finished and TCN apparently doesn't report scoops anymore. Only their interviews with high profile guests such as Ray Fisher and Zack and Deborah Snyder are available online. Other than that, the channel is dead, the host is no longer on social media and people working on the channel had suddenly quit.

It was a massive sh*tshow and incredibly disappointing. Doomcock may be a lying bullsh*t artist, but LightCast took deception to a whole new level.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei