Which film is darker...B89 or BR?

Started by batass4880, Sun, 14 Sep 2008, 00:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Don't flame me for this, but Geeorge Clooney didn't exactly have the material to prove how good/bad of a Batman he could be. Realistically, he could be a decent choice for a TDKR role, however, good or bad some may be unable to get B&R out of their heads.

As far as Nolan and Burton working together, it wouldn't be as hard as it seems. Both sides would have to make adjustments and sacrifices for a combo film to work, and for the ultimate Batman film I'm sure both would. Burton has his more fantastic approach, Nolan has his more realistic approach, so who is to say they couldn't meet somewhere in the middle?

The only thing I find nearly inarguable is that Elfman's soundtrack NEEDS to be in another Batfilm.

Wed, 12 Nov 2008, 06:50 #21 Last Edit: Wed, 12 Nov 2008, 11:04 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: Batmoney on Wed, 12 Nov  2008, 06:34
The only thing I find nearly inarguable is that Elfman's soundtrack NEEDS to be in another Batfilm.
As long as Nolan is around, realism will be around and Elfman's music will not fit in. Elfman's 89 score is the best Batman music thing ever, though.

but the B89 and BR could have done the same of what they did even without keaton "i like keaton don't get me wrong" with  baldwin or who you prefer!! so i would exclude WB calling back a 60 years guy to be batman  " for the good ol times memory "  not to mention that now we are in  the nolan universe that did almost ensure it's position  to direct future batman movies with it's success , leaving a 5-10% of a burton come back possibility,that could leave another very few chances to call keaton if burton will ever come back and keaton ever accepts his offer,in the mean time nolan is could make other batman movies leaving us instead of 60years old guy a 70 years one for a bruce wayne??.....be realistic !!

Well back in 89' anyone could have been Batman, but Keaton did such a great job that it's still being talked about today, Batman returns though HAD to have Keaton he was Batman and to say that he isn't one of the reason why those two movie are consitered to be "classic's" is idiotic.

If the core Nolan's fan base wasn't 12 and up and knew anything about Batman and the earlyer movie they would love to have Keaton return, but they don't, so they don't.

And age is nothing apart from making a kickass reference to TDKR, seeing Keaton as "his" role of Batman again would fit in right with the story line of Bruce returning to be Gotham's defender once again, his age and the timeing of the return's to a new one would just fit perfectly, hell it even gives reason to why to why Bruce would want to give up Batman back in Return's.

Quotenolan have a realistic approach on the movie ,but for  Burton visuals are so important that if they don't line up with the real world he would not consider a problem!!

how on earth they could work together?

Anything is possible, if Nolan has respect for Burton who is considered to be one of the greatest of his time, then who knows how it could turn out. Though i would perfer Burton flying solo.

QuoteThe only thing I find nearly inarguable is that Elfman's soundtrack NEEDS to be in another Batfilm.

Right on, Elfman has the title of best Superhero movie score, and i t will be HARD to beat it.

[/quote]

Anything is possible, if Nolan has respect for Burton who is considered to be one of the greatest of his time, then who knows how it could turn out. Though i would perfer Burton flying solo.

guys my favorite is BR of burton and keaton , but classic or not it's old news now!!nolan with tdk grossed  997,567,824 this year (PRESENT!!!)  thats more than twice of  what burton did (20YEARS AGO!!) ,numbers are important more than anything else , and considering results he don't have to share his opinion on the movie making with no one!!
i bet if ALL  WB staff gets dum of a strange disease  at the same time and would ever mention to nolan the idea of co-directing the next batman movie with burton he would say just one word to them  (Ciao!!)
i am  sure they are begging and offering him a relative bigger quote than he should have already to direct the next batman...how and most of all why they should tell him(collaborate with buron!! and your movie would be better!!??)

i liked BR ,but i'm a fan of the genre,and we are a minority(we don't count as major masses) that's why i don't expect another BR movie like gain...

Geeorge Clooney didn't exactly have the material to prove how good/bad of a Batman he could be

1)in fact he was not
2)he was not that old
3)WB may have learned from it mistakes and won't call a not suitable actor for the role again!! i thought that till i saw Bale as wayne!!  :)(perosonal opinion i don't like him as batman!!  )

If the core Nolan's fan base wasn't 12 and up and knew anything about Batman and the earlyer movie they would love to have Keaton return, but they don't, so they don't.

nolan's fan base is 12??are you sure?
keaton was good because all of the movie was so!!
why don't you try to imagine keaton in ... not going to say B&R?what about BF?...i'm sure  different actors of 89-92 era for the role could have done the same or almost nearly the same Keaton did in the first 2

finally i will say yes WB could ask for a burton come back but only when nolan wont accept doing another batman movie or if he will do one that get only few millions above its budget... and for this to happen i believe nolan would make at least another movie if not 2...

and i wont discuss this further i believe it's easier to see in the next batman movie him and robin in sex scene than keaton back as batman at his middle 60's !!

As long as Nolan is around, realism will be around and Elfman's music will not fit in. Elfman's 89 score is the best Batman music thing ever

i liked just a couple of themes of elfaman music,as for elfman music to fit in the nolan movie he would just recompose something more adequate for him....anyway i wont worry very much about that!!didn't elefamn compose spiderman ost?it seamed to be a remix of B89 theme (disappointing i think!) but i don't want to be more nagative than i already been
so that's it!! . . . . . .

for now!!  :)
Ah, the direct approach. I admire that in a man with a mask

Quote from: Sandman on Tue,  4 Nov  2008, 07:53

Quotethink keaton now is almost 60years....
he would appear as stallone in the new rambo 
but still would accept that more than bale

What was wrong with Rambo? it was way better then number 2 and 3. If we have leaned anything from Rocky Balboa, Rambo and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is that old dude's can always make an Awesome comeback :D

Absolutely agree on all counts.