Bat-Keaton to be referenced in upcoming Arrowverse crossover

Started by Silver Nemesis, Fri, 11 Oct 2019, 19:36

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Kamdan on Mon,  9 Dec  2019, 15:44
Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Mon,  9 Dec  2019, 12:56
So according to the latest episode of Supergirl, the Burtonverse is Earth-89. And the Joker is... still alive?

They couldn't even get the Batsignal right. Batman '89's 30th anniversary has been pretty disappointing.
Has it? I've been pretty happy with the celebration of the 30th Anniversary. I got to see the new 4k transfer in a theatre. I got the Funko pop figure. Lego's 89 Batmobile is awesome! But my favorite piece of merchandising has to be the 89 Batwing lamp.

What a lazy Easter egg. It's bad enough they neglected that little detail over the Joker, but the background of Gotham City looks like it's the same one from Batwoman. Even the Batsignal. They didn't even get a replica from the Burton films.

The show is run by cheapstakes.

Oh well, at least the B89 comic adaptation gets a nice little cameo in that newspaper.  :-\
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Tue, 10 Dec  2019, 11:53
What a lazy Easter egg. It's bad enough they neglected that little detail over the Joker, but the background of Gotham City looks like it's the same one from Batwoman. Even the Batsignal. They didn't even get a replica from the Burton films.

The show is run by cheapstakes.

Oh well, at least the B89 comic adaptation gets a nice little cameo in that newspaper.  :-\
I thought about the similarity to Batwoman's aesthetic too.

Still, in fairness to them, this is the most expensive, most intricate and most complicated crossover. This is the Arrowverse's Endgame, more or less. A ton of money has been spent getting this set up and it's understandable that a few corners would get cut in throwaway shots like that.

I find it curious that the Alexander Knox cameo didn't feature the leaked newspaper headline of Bruce Wayne proposing to Selina Kyle.

I'm going to take a guess and say royalty payments for using a real photo of Michael Keaton must've been too expensive. Maybe the Arrowverse showrunners opted Jerry Ordway's artwork from the comic adaptation because it was cheaper.

Lastly, my eyes may be deceiving me, but the newspaper's font style is exactly the same as the movie credits. Take a look at how the font displays 'BATMAN'.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei