The bank guard

Started by The Laughing Fish, Sat, 29 Dec 2018, 00:51

Previous topic - Next topic
I've seen Joe Grifasi before in other movies, the one that sticks out in my mind was Naked Gun 33⅓: The Final Insult, and plays the bank guard who was taken hostage by Two-Face during the robbery.

At first, his acting is okay. He's fearful as he is meant to be during the situation, and he has this innocence and exasperation in his voice i.e. "But you said you'll let me live!".

But as soon as Batman comes to the rescue and both of them are trapped inside that vault, the guard's acting suddenly takes a nosedive. Very hammy, whiny and the expository lines he says makes it worse. "Oh no! Hey! That's my hearing aid! My shoes are melting!". I don't mind the overall vault rescue scene, I can turn off my brain and ignore the lack of physics behind it. But damn, Grifasi's acting throughout it makes it hard to watch. Am I being too critical and harsh? You might think so, but the scene would've worked much better for me if you get rid of these all of those goofy lines and let Grifasi's expressions do the talking.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei