parts in the script not in the movie you wish that were

Started by Catwoman, Fri, 9 Oct 2009, 10:18

Previous topic - Next topic
I must have been drunk when I made this thread title. Holy grammar Batman. Gave me a f***ing headache trying to figure it out.

I read some script that showed Selina trolling Max non-stop. That's the main reason she went back to work for him. In the finished movie, she comes back and that's a big dramatic moment but not much comes from it. You never see Max and Selina interact much after that even though they work in the same office.

But in this other script I read she was dropping roaches into his coffee and just basically messing with him as much as she could. And I liked the idea of Catwoman blowing up Max's department stores while Selina made his workaday life hell because she'd mess with him in big ways and small, possibly without getting any blame for it.

Yeah, that's in the novelisation too. Selina dripped blood into Max's coffee too, I think. I guess it's not really massive stuff missing from the movie. But it would've suited the twisted fun tone.

I remember reading that stuff too. I totally wanted to do it to my boss but he was too nice to me. lol.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 21 Jul  2016, 03:36Yeah, that's in the novelisation too. Selina dripped blood into Max's coffee too, I think. I guess it's not really massive stuff missing from the movie. But it would've suited the twisted fun tone.
Ah, maybe that was it! It was years ago when I read that.

My view is that anything that goes into the movie is a grand statement even if it's not a grand moment. If some office drone brings his boss coffee with a sneer, that says something.

But if some office drone hocks a big gloober into the coffee first and then brings it to his boss with a sneer, that says even more.

Showing Selina trolling Max like that would've added a more warped dimension to the movie. Burton is a big boy and can make movies himself but I really wish more of Daniel Waters and his seemingly demented sense of humor had been included.

i'd have loved if they incorporated the scripted ending shot with the final ending shot;

have the bat signal flicker as a sign that Max's death caused the city's power to short out before going solid once Catwoman's head appears.  It would also be symbolic of how she completes Batman and gives him life.