Blu-ray releases this fall

Started by Paul (ral), Fri, 8 Feb 2008, 10:06

Previous topic - Next topic
Thu, 28 Feb 2008, 03:37 #20 Last Edit: Thu, 28 Feb 2008, 03:39 by DocLathropBrown
Quote from: Darth Vader on Thu, 28 Feb  2008, 03:30
Not sure why you're seeing the need to delete my post.

It's obviously because you're being too aggressive. I don't like SW-style special editions either (at least, not as long as it prevents a proper DVD release of the original cuts), but there's no need to be so rude and aggressive because someone doesn't agree with you.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

I'd love to see some digital restoration done to B89 and BR, mainly to B89. Anyone who has the Blade Runner SE will know how well and how subtley it can be done. The Blade Runner restoration is simply breathtaking, it makes the movie look as if it were shot yesterday. If they do it to B89, I will do cartwheels, video it and load it up on youtube.
"Excuse me. You ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?"

With 1080P I just want to see Batman's ears in the final shot!

If Batman goes Blue-ray then I may break down and get a player. I'd love to see them do an updated version. As long as you still have the choice to see the original as well then it's win win.

Fri, 23 May 2008, 07:52 #24 Last Edit: Fri, 23 May 2008, 07:57 by raleagh
I spoke briefly to Warner Home Video to see if there was anymore info about the Blu-Ray Anthology set.

From Warner Home Video
QuoteUnfortunately, there is no release or production information at this time.

With only a few months, you think they would have something!

It will be fantastic when Batman (1989) and Batman Returns are on Blu Ray. The picture quality will be crystal clear, as if it was made yesterday. There's nothing wrong with digital restoration at all, as long as they keep the films as they were intended originally.