Tim Burton + Face to Face Music Video = The Nightmare before Christmas

Started by Bobthegoon89, Thu, 3 Jan 2013, 16:21

Previous topic - Next topic
An interesting bit of Batman/Burton related trivia I found on a website dedicated to rock band Siouxsie and the Banshees. Some cool Batman Returns stuff on here including old VHS covers and press releases about the then upcoming soundtrack. If interested check out the album section "Superstition".

The trivia that caught my eye was this relating to the music video for the theme song:
"Tim Burton was originally penciled in to direct the video.  Editing duties with Batman Returns made this impossible.  A number of characters that Burton had created for 'Face To Face' video eventually made their way into his film The Nightmare Before Christmas".

So my question is who were these "characters" exactly that ultimately ended up in Nightmare before Christmas? I'm assuming most guys on here have glimpsed a couple of other Burton films. I think the character Sally is a likely candidate with her stitched together body (a look from a statue that also inspired Catwoman's outfit). Also she wears a multi-coloured patchwork outfit in the film (a costume also seemingly worn by band members Steve Severin and drummer Budgie in the video as Penguin goons). Have no idea who the others might be....